David Cameron praised by Gore.... oi vey!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:54:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  David Cameron praised by Gore.... oi vey!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: David Cameron praised by Gore.... oi vey!  (Read 1172 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

This must be payback for all those nice things we said about Tony Blair....

--------------
http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=135599

David Cameron praised by Al Gore

David Cameron has been praised by former US Vice President Al Gore for the pioneering lead he has given to the campaign to combat climate change.

Mr Gore said the Conservative Leader had played a key role in making Britain the "premier example" of a nation state actively engaged in the fight against global warming.

Addressing a meeting of Shadow Ministers at the new environmentally-friendly Conservative Campaign Headquarters in central London, the international campaigner declared: "The fact that both your political parties are competing vigorously to offer solutions is very important. I can assure you that people around the world really are watching and are appreciating the quality of this debate."

He also highlighted the contribution of former Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher - who studied chemistry before entering politics. "With her training and background in chemistry she was ahead of the game, and when the scientists gave her the briefings she was able to ask molecule by molecule (what it meant). And she did," he added.

Mr Gore, who has been touted as a possible contender at the next US presidential election, said there was an appetite among the public for meaningful action against global warming.

"There's a deep and unsatisfied hunger on the part of voters in many countries to be challenged with a presentation of what the real problems are and what the real solutions - though they may be difficult - might actually be," he said.

Before the meeting with shadow ministers, Mr Gore spent more than an hour privately meeting senior party figures including Mr Cameron and Shadow Chancellor George Osborne, as well as environmental advisors including Zac Goldsmith and John Gummer.

Mr Gore recently won an Oscar for his documentary on climate change: An Inconvenient Truth.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:05:37 AM »

Gore praised Brown as well, btw (article here).

You know, you should be careful about getting your news from party press releases.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:57:09 PM »

Commie-ron indeed.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:18:50 PM »

Next, former Vice President Gore will praise Plaid Cymru (the Welsh Nationalist party).
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »

I gather you're not too impressed with Dave, Bono
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »

Next, former Vice President Gore will praise Plaid Cymru (the Welsh Nationalist party).

No... its former PRESIDENT Gore, Fascist.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:03:48 AM »

No... its former PRESIDENT Gore, Fascist.

The power of Christ compels you, evil Jfern demon, to leave this man.

OUT
OUT
OUT!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 02:37:17 AM »

Of course not, I've been critical of him since the start. He's better than that Europhile idiot who was running--I forgot his name--but he's still nothing more than a Tony Blair Jr. His stating that there might not be room for tax decreases just confirmed that for me. To be honest, I think Menzies is to the right of Cameron, at least where it matters.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 07:53:25 AM »

Of course not, I've been critical of him since the start. He's better than that Europhile idiot who was running--I forgot his name--but he's still nothing more than a Tony Blair Jr. His stating that there might not be room for tax decreases just confirmed that for me. To be honest, I think Menzies is to the right of Cameron, at least where it matters.

Sacrilege Shocked !
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies