Alexander Hamilton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Alexander Hamilton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alexander Hamilton  (Read 18710 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« on: July 11, 2004, 06:31:24 PM »

Hamilton was an economic wonder for the new nation. The federal reserves building should be named for him. He just had too big of an ego. He wanted to be the Emperor of the USA. He had a plan, like Aaron Burr, to take parts of the Louisiana Purchse to start an empire that would stretch ever more southward into Central America, the Carribean, and South America.

Hamilton just was too big for his briches, but he helped the new nation remain financially stable. He cost John Adam's reelection in 1800, but he saved us from President Aaron Burr.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 06:51:17 PM »

He didn't attempt to kill Burr. He purposely fired astray.

He thought Burr would not shoot, but the VP did.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 07:11:08 PM »

He definitly should stay on the $10 bill. If we put Reagan on anything, it should be the $1,000 bill, that way only people helped by trickle down economics and other economic policies of his will have to see it.  

Actually, if I had my way, the only existing bill I would change would be to place Henry Clay on the $50.  All of the other bills have a good connection between the person on the fron't abd the scene on the back.

Now if we get some denominations higher than the $100 bill  I'd want them to be chosen from the following combinations:

John Marshall - The Court Chamber of the Supreme Court
Theodore Roosevelt - Old Faithful in Yellowstone NP
Dwight D. Eisenhower - Omaha Beach on D-Day

The main reason I would be against placing Reagan on our paper money is that there is no good reverse image to put with him.  The same applies to FDR as well.

The FDR dime was commisioned because FDR started the March of Dimes to cure polio. On the back of the dime you will see signs of the New Deal.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 01:54:57 PM »

Hamilton was a liar.- It is true. He told Adams's that he would:

- not take controll of his Cabinet, he tried to until ,Adams fired half of his cabinet.

- not support Jefferson ever (did to not elect Burr).

- not support a different Federalist against Adams in 1800 (He did support his protege, Charcles C. Pickney)

Hamilton was a backstabber.- It's true, he wrote a letter abour how Adams aregued with his cabinet, was an adulterer, disliked Washington, and planned to set up an American monarchy. This letter in some ways cost Adma sreelection and split the Federalist into the Federalists (more moderate) and the Old Federalists (the super Conservatives).

Hamilton sought to stage a coup d'etat using Washington as his front man.- He tried to form a tropicla empire durring the Constitutional Convention and in 1803.

Hamilton sought to reinstate feudalism in New York- He tried to give the wealthy land owners sole voting reights in a Constitution for New York.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies