Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 04:52:05 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
| | | |-+  Rasmussen: Fred Thompson leads Hillary, but trails Obama by double digits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Fred Thompson leads Hillary, but trails Obama by double digits  (Read 1686 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2007, 01:26:15 pm »
Ignore

Survey of 800 Likely Voters
March 21-22, 2007

Fred Thompson (R)  44%
Hillary Clinton (D)  43%

Barack Obama (D) 49%
Fred Thompson (R)  37%

When matched against Thompson, Obama outperforms Clinton among men, women, white voters, and unaffiliated voters. He even attracts more crossover support from the GOP.

These numbers are probably more a reflection of national voter attitudes towards the Democrats than a comment on Thompson. A plurality of voters (41%) has no opinion on the actor from Tennessee. Thirty-six percent (36%) have a favorable opinion while 23% hold an unfavorable view.

The favorability ratings for Obama are 54% favorable, 36% unfavorable. Clinton earns favorable reviews from 50%, unfavorable opinions from 48%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Political%20Tracking/Presidential%20Match-Ups/March%202007/Thompsonvs.ObamaClinton20070323.htm
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 02:11:41 pm »
Ignore

Is this the first '08 national poll to show any Republican other than Giuliani and McCain leading one of the top three Dems (Clinton/Obama/Edwards)?  I don't remember any polls showing Gingrich or Romney leading any of those three.  The other Republicans are rarely included in these head-to-head general election matchups, but when they are, they don't tend to do very well.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 02:21:18 pm »
Ignore

I bet the "Draft Thompson" people will go crazy over this poll without mentioning the Obama-Thompson match up.

Aaron is pissed:

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 02:29:06 pm »
Ignore

I bet the "Draft Thompson" people will go crazy over this poll without mentioning the Obama-Thompson match up.

I could care regardless. If Obama and Thompson were in a debate, there would be a little pool of mush where Obama was standing afterwards.
Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 06:36:52 pm »
Ignore

I could care regardless. If Obama and Thompson were in a debate, there would be a little pool of mush where Obama was standing afterwards.

Thompson's breath is that bad?

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 08:09:12 pm »
Ignore

It's the horse manure on his boots.

Renew our Democracy!
Deano963
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 08:17:41 pm »
Ignore

Well, yeh, and of course the horse manure coming out of his mouth.

I'm still going out on a limb here and predicting that Tom Vilsack will eventually become the Dem nominee. 

The others--Edwards, Hillary, and Obama, have peaked WAY too early

THE BUCKS ARE GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR!!!

Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 08:19:28 pm »
Ignore

Well, yeh, and of course the horse manure coming out of his mouth.

Well, you don't actually think it comes from working on a farm do you?

Renew our Democracy!
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 08:34:07 pm »
Ignore

Don't nominate Hillary!!

E: -3.25
S: -2.72

On the GOP side, for 2016, look out for Gov. Phill Kline (KS), Gov. Ralph Reed (GA), Gov. JD Hayworth (AZ), Sen. David Vitter (LA), among others.
agcatter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:16:10 am »
Ignore

No, no.  DO NOMINATE HER!  Haven't you heard?  She's the smartest woman in the world.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 05:24:57 pm »
Ignore

Stick a fork in Hillary. Why is someone with no principles who wouldn't do well in the general election leading in the primary?
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 08:04:20 pm »
Ignore

Stick a fork in Hillary. Why is someone with no principles who wouldn't do well in the general election leading in the primary?

...because Democrats are retarded.

Aaron is pissed:

She was like "How did you get my number?  I don't handle this issue.  You have to call the South Bryant Campus for that.  I'll transfer you, but I don't handle it."  She said it in a slightly condescending tone.  I didn't tell her that Grumps gave me the number.  I just told her I looked it up.
OC
olawakandi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 11:03:14 am »
Ignore

One thing that Fred Thompson has going for him is that just like McCain and Obama does, is that he appeals to swing voters due to him co-sponsoring campaign finance reform in the senate passed in 2002 right before he retired.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 11:05:12 am »
Ignore

One thing that Fred Thompson has going for him is that just like McCain and Obama does, is that he appeals to swing voters due to him co-sponsoring campaign finance reform in the senate passed in 2002 right before he retired.

You also aren't taking into account the fact that people want to vote for actors.

Gov. Christopher J. Christie
Boris
boris78
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 06:55:17 pm »
Ignore

This poll isn't unexpected; almost any Republican will get at least 45% of the vote in a poll against Hillary, due to the fact that most people have ingrained opinions about her and will vote for or against her regardless of the issues at hand. Why the Democrats want to hinder themselves by nominating Hillary is beyond me, but hey, Democratic Primary Voters aren't known for their propensity to nominate electable candidates.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 07:04:03 pm »
Ignore

This poll isn't unexpected; almost any Republican will get at least 45% of the vote in a poll against Hillary, due to the fact that most people have ingrained opinions about her and will vote for or against her regardless of the issues at hand.

But that's not the way most polls have been going though.  Giuliani and McCain do tend to do well against HRC, but the polls I've seen that pit her against Gingrich, Hagel, Romney etc. invariably have her winning, with the Republican candidate failing to reach 45%.  Like I said upthread, I think this may very well be the first '08 general election poll that has anyone other than Giuliani or McCain beating HRC.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout