Douglas and Lincoln: slavery?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:06:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Douglas and Lincoln: slavery?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Douglas and Lincoln: slavery?  (Read 6326 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »

States, stick to what you do best... Complaining about Abraham Lincoln, whose been dead for 142 years...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 01:10:31 AM »

States, stick to what you do best... Complaining about Abraham Lincoln, whose been dead for 142 years...

Stick with your wannabee stand up career.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 12:41:48 AM »

Type the word you don't understand into the box where it says "Enter the word or phrase."  Click enter.  It will tell you what it means.
TommyC1776
KucinichforPrez

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 08:03:50 AM »

Type the word you don't understand into the box where it says "Enter the word or phrase."  Click enter.  It will tell you what it means.

I think I get it now.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »

I don't do standup comedy much anymore... I go where the money is redneck.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 11:54:50 AM »

Damn right I'm a redneck.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 04:19:36 PM »

Good on ya. Still... Better a wannabe whose headlined than a never will be.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »

Good on ya. Still... Better a wannabe whose headlined than a never will be.

I never wanted to be a comedian..soo...really you have no point indeed.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »

It's not my fault you had no ambition with your life.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2007, 08:53:52 PM »

I'll leave the laughs for someone else. I have no wish to be a comedian or superstar.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »

Hey I'm special Ed sometimes I don't understand things.  I have a learning disability.  sorry.

It's no wonder then that your screen name is KucinichforPrez.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 10:28:17 PM »

I'll leave the laughs for someone else. I have no wish to be a comedian or superstar.

Last time I checked, StatesRights actually has a job and isn't some college/high school (or in ilikverin's case kindergarten) student living off their parents' money like most people at this site.

For example, jfern's still in graduate school at StatesRights age and still hasn't figured out whether 95 heads and 5 tails is statistically significant yet or not.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 11:21:54 PM »

Hey Sam... Get this... You'll get a big laugh... Before you condemn me as some "College/High School Student living of his parents money, etc." I really thing you should know me first.

Firstly, I am a college student, yes. I don't live on campus, but rather, my own apartment, which I pay rent for... I have bills like anyone else, that I have to pay.

Secondly, I work six days a week. I go to school in the mornings Mon-Wed from 6-11 AM... After that, I come home, get ready for work and go there at 1. I'm at work Mon-Fri as a clerk at Dish network and I earn $6.15 an hour. I come home at seven or eight, depending on the workload, and stay up awhile doing homework, things like that, while I talk on here or do something else.

Thirdly, on Friday nights, I audition at clubs like the Funny Bone, or I work for a dinner theater company called McCaffery Mysteries if I'm not auditoning. It's basically my attempt to make some more money in order to live.

Finally, in conclusion, I get no money or any other kind of support from my parents... I haven't even spoken to my father since this past January, because they do not want to hear from me.

I'm lazy and sponge off my parents, Sam?... Gimme a F**king break.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2007, 04:58:05 PM »

Hey Sam... Get this... You'll get a big laugh... Before you condemn me as some "College/High School Student living of his parents money, etc." I really thing you should know me first.

Firstly, I am a college student, yes. I don't live on campus, but rather, my own apartment, which I pay rent for... I have bills like anyone else, that I have to pay.

Secondly, I work six days a week. I go to school in the mornings Mon-Wed from 6-11 AM... After that, I come home, get ready for work and go there at 1. I'm at work Mon-Fri as a clerk at Dish network and I earn $6.15 an hour. I come home at seven or eight, depending on the workload, and stay up awhile doing homework, things like that, while I talk on here or do something else.

Thirdly, on Friday nights, I audition at clubs like the Funny Bone, or I work for a dinner theater company called McCaffery Mysteries if I'm not auditoning. It's basically my attempt to make some more money in order to live.

Finally, in conclusion, I get no money or any other kind of support from my parents... I haven't even spoken to my father since this past January, because they do not want to hear from me.

I'm lazy and sponge off my parents, Sam?... Gimme a F**king break.

I'm extremely glad that you are not lazy and living off your parents.  In case you failed to notice in my remark I was not referring to you, but rather to a significant number of other forumites who have said as much.

As opebo well knows, I do come from a privileged background, but I see no real interest in wasting my time away doing nothing.  It bothers me when I see others doing so. 

Presently, law school takes away all my time so that I can't work a separate job, but as I have stated to posters here before, I have spent two years outside of school and have worked full-time both years.

I wish you luck in your endeavors, your work and your studies; I just urge you to not criticize a man who is working, providing for his growing family, and making a good contribution to this world.  That's all.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2007, 05:41:50 PM »

My criticisim of him was not for his work ethic... I criticized him for making fun of someone with a learning disability. My cousin has one... I don't think Kucinich4Prez has Down Syndrome, but it's still a very sensitive thing. It was States who criticized what I do for a living first. It's my belief we all have our parts to play... I play mine... I don't say I'm like some almighty greatest comic of all time, but I do have the ambition to be as good as I can be...

Secondly, I felt that your post was a personal slight against me, without you really knowing what kind of background I have (Which has NEVER been that of wealth and privilidge). I'm younger so I don't have a family yet, but I have responsibilities that most people 19 years old don't have. How many 19 year olds do you know that work full time, attend school, and have to pay for all their expenses with no parental assistance. I find it an insult to my work ethic as well as my person that you would draw the comparison that I was "Lazy" and criticizing someone with a growing family, etc.

I criticized his snide remark about someone with learning disabilites. He drew the arguement of what I do for a living, and he only knows half the story... I do not provide a good contribution to the world by doing what I'm doing?... As I just said, statements made like that, especially from someone with a wealthier background than mine, I find presumptuous and rude. I do not criticize your efforts in law school. I wish you all the best in fact. Just as I have no issue with the work ethic of States. He's older than I am and has a family... I have no such issues at this time, but I'm engaged to be married next year, and I have just as much to provide and pay for as States does. I am not some lazy fool like Opebo who can just sponge his whole life.

Once again, I urge you not to pass judgements on my comments before you read into the whole story.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies