Brooksville, FL, propose to foreclose on homes over $5 parking tickets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:37:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Brooksville, FL, propose to foreclose on homes over $5 parking tickets
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brooksville, FL, propose to foreclose on homes over $5 parking tickets  (Read 620 times)
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:50:12 AM »

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Tyranny by the government.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »

Just deny them the right to renew their drivers license if they don't pay the tickets and late fees.  If they fail to do so and are caught driving on an expired license, then you can tack on higher fees and a court appearance with complimentary jail time.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »

And what right and what jurisdiction gives the government the right to tell me where I am allowed to park my car?  It is definitely not civil because I have no contract with the government, so it must be either criminal or admiralty.  Please explain.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:02:56 PM »

And what right and what jurisdiction gives the government the right to tell me where I am allowed to park my car?  It is definitely not civil because I have no contract with the government, so it must be either criminal or admiralty.  Please explain.

You are allowed to park your car anywhere you want.  You will just need to pay the special charge for the privilege.  Tongue

Actually, they have perfect right to reserve areas for no parking in the name of the public good.  For example, you cannot park you car in front of a fire hydrant since that would obstruct the firemen from quickly accessing the area with their hoses and equipment to save life and property . . . well, except yours since it will be dented to no end when those hoses charge up and the air tanks rubbing against the hood.  Also, you can't park your car right at the corner of an intersection, obstructing the view of cross-traffic, leading to increased collisions at intersections.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 12:44:50 PM »

You are allowed to park your car anywhere you want.  You will just need to pay the special charge for the privilege.  Tongue

Actually, they have perfect right to reserve areas for no parking in the name of the public good.  For example, you cannot park you car in front of a fire hydrant since that would obstruct the firemen from quickly accessing the area with their hoses and equipment to save life and property . . . well, except yours since it will be dented to no end when those hoses charge up and the air tanks rubbing against the hood.  Also, you can't park your car right at the corner of an intersection, obstructing the view of cross-traffic, leading to increased collisions at intersections.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I've heard cases where the fireman bust out the windows and loop the hose through the vehicle.

Disagree with this new rule but not really suprising for Brooksville considering it's a "good ole boy" community. Wink
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »

I've heard cases where the fireman bust out the windows and loop the hose through the vehicle.

They simply push the car with the truck up here.  Any damage done to the car is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner since the vehicle was parked illegally.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 03:24:45 PM »

They simply push the car with the truck up here.  Any damage done to the car is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner since the vehicle was parked illegally.

Actually it was up there where that incident I speak of happened. haha
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »

Actually it was up there where that incident I speak of happened. haha

hahaha . . . gotta love VA!  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies