Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 03:44:20 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  My 2008 map
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My 2008 map  (Read 8624 times)
Kevin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:56:38 pm »
Ignore

Here is my prediction for 2008.

Giuliani/Huckabee vs. Clinton/Vilsack

Any thoughts on this?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:03:09 pm by Kevin »Logged

RIP Mayor Barry
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:00:35 pm »
Ignore

This is merely a polite notice.

G - I - U - L - I - A - N - I

Thank you.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:01:01 pm »
Ignore

I don't understand why the spelling of "Giuliani" has ever been so difficult, much less not engrained in each forumer's head at this point in the election season.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:03:41 pm »
Ignore

I don't understand why the spelling of "Giuliani" has ever been so difficult, much less not engrained in each forumer's head at this point in the election season.

Agreed.

Thank you.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:34:47 pm »
Ignore

Unless Clinton hatred significantly depresses Democratic voter turnout I doubt this would happen.  Giuliani is a full fledged war supporter and he certainly has no chance in any Kerry states especially not New Hampshire.  I think it is far more likely that Clinton would win all the Kerry states plus Ohio and maybe some states in the Southwest.

Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 11:57:26 pm »
Ignore

Why would that woman choose Vilsack?
He's none more than a corn-picking hack.
Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 11:58:49 pm »
Ignore

Unless Clinton hatred significantly depresses Democratic voter turnout I doubt this would happen.  Giuliani is a full fledged war supporter and he certainly has no chance in any Kerry states especially not New Hampshire.  I think it is far more likely that Clinton would win all the Kerry states plus Ohio and maybe some states in the Southwest.

Yes, I think with a decent shot in Iowa and Missouri, too.

Renew our Democracy!
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 02:28:23 am »
Ignore

Agreed.

It is a bizarre wop name.  Guilianai, like the vine. 

Anyway seems much more bizarre than Obama to me.. which makes me think of Alabama.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 09:38:28 am »
Ignore

For purposes of the forum colors:  I would color New Hampshire definitely red, New Mexico will probably go red, Colorado may go red.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 10:13:01 am »
Ignore

Agreed.

Anyway seems much more bizarre than Obama to me.. which makes me think of Alabama.

It's Italian. It's not that hard to spell (G-I-U-L-I-A-N-I) ... and it is pronounced (JEWEL-EE-ON-EE)

It's so hard to be an Italian guy that looks so Irish, but thats a story for my 2008 Italians who look Irish McCain support.

cp
YaBB God
United Kingdom

P
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 11:37:18 am »
Ignore

Moving beyond the name issue . . .

I don't think this map is realistic. Giuliani would win New Jersey before Pennsylvania or New Hampshire, and if Vilsack was on the ticket (a near impossibility, I might add) he would carry Missouri too.

Oregon is just absurd. If there was going to be a blue state that switched it would be Wisconsin, and that wouldn't happen with the choices you give.

Lastly, any prediction that shows Ohio going Republican has to include the word 'landslide', otherwise it's just wishful thinking. Regardless of the candidates themselves, the Ohio Republican Party is in shambles in that state. The Democratic Party in Ohio, by contrast, is in full swing and has the tide of public opinion on their side. As Rove might say, the Repubilcan 'brand' in Ohio has been tarnished and it would take a miracle or a landslide (probably both) to restore it before November 2008.

Overall, C- for effort and analysis.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Moderators
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 04:25:05 pm »
Ignore

Thank you.

I honestly don't get why Jew Republic is fliping out over the spelling of Jewliani's name... unless its a Jew thing, of course.

HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 04:32:39 pm »
Ignore

Grazie mille.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am »
Ignore

Grazie mille.

You mean Mille grazie.

Agreed.

It's Italian. It's not that hard to spell (G-I-U-L-I-A-N-I) ... and it is pronounced (JEWEL-EE-ON-EE)
More like Jewel-Yon-Ee.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 01:25:28 pm »
Ignore

Oregon, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Hampshire, maybe Colorado => Clinton
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 01:28:16 pm »
Ignore

Grazie mille.

You mean Mille grazie.

Agreed.

More like Jewel-Yon-Ee.

BTW I like to pronounce it: Julia-Knee Wink
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 05:47:06 am »
Ignore

No Republican will win New Hampshire in 08, not even Rudy. He's more likely to win New Jersey than to win Oregon or New Hampshire. Your map would have been dead on for this matchup in 2004, but 2008 will be very different.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 06:52:18 am »
Ignore

Grazie mille.

You mean Mille grazie.

Agreed.

More like Jewel-Yon-Ee.

BTW I like to pronounce it: Julia-Knee Wink
That works too. Of course, the a's too short and the ee's too long, but that goes for my variant as well. Smiley

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout