Invasion: America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:03:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Invasion: America  (Read 4451 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2007, 06:16:54 PM »

After pre-emptively striking Iran, America finds itself locked in a surprise battle on its own soil by (blank), (blank), (blank), (blank). Lucklily for America, the mass attack leads the attackers greedy. So, will the nation withstand the attack? Who will own the republic in the end?

Here’s the idea gang. I’m going to take a lot of ideas from the game Invasion: America, a lot from Risk, and a few of my own, and make a wargame, since theyre all the rage these days on here. 

The way this will work is The United States will be split up into about 100 territories. (I haven’t decided on a perfect number yet) You will get troops depending on how many areas you hold, and initial troop counts will be decided depending on the nation you choose and where you choose to invade (unless youre America). Instead of all troops being equal however, you can decide between lvl 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 troops. A lvl 1 troops will cost you 1 recruitment point, a lvl 2 will cost 2, etc. etc. You will receive recruitment points like you receive recruitments in Risk. When you attack, each player rolls a die and multiplies the number on the die by the combined levels of the troops involved. Since the higher numbers are equal in power to lots of little numbers but harder to move (a 6 is equal to 6 1’s) the higher numbers will receive a .1 multiplier advantage. (2 will take die x1.1, 3 x1.2, etc.) People will be willing to enter the war for whoever owns their territory. They will be more willing if you let them live their lives AKA having as few troops as possible in an area. By holding more than 10 troops in any state, you will cancel its re-enforcement bonus.

This game will hold some diplomacy as well. You will be allowed to trade troops to other nations, at a cost of -1 level, except to lvl 1s, as well as trade territories, and create treaties. Therefore, you must work well with your neighbors to succeed. If you go after your other partner in contract, you can betray them. (trades must be ordered during your turn) However, this may cost you your integrity in future trades.

The game will be simultaneous, so all orders will be taken, then attacks will play out, trades will occur, etc. etc. That being said, no editing posts if someone screws you in a trade. Editing will nullify your entire turn.

In addition, certain territories will have certain terrains (desert, forest, hills, mountains, and plains) One country will be given a .1 multiplier advantage while defending a territory with your terrain type. Defending only. I will try and be realistic with the terrain-country connections, but some just wont come together, so take a country that’s obvious if you want one. You may want to wait until I reveal the map to pick the country if you think that it will matter that much, as some will have more spots than others.

I will make a map as soon as I hear feedback from you guys. What am I missing? Would you play? By the way, you can claim a place in the game and a country right now. There will by 5 players, one must be America, the rest are up to you. Keep in mind that your country choice will affect your terrain advantage.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 02:49:38 PM »

Hmmmmm........So I'm assuming the silence is a vote against?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 08:37:03 AM »

I would help with this experiment
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 11:57:45 PM »

There really was a game called invasion America, early '80s i think, I have an old war game collection.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »

I'd be willing to play.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

Alright, Ill get in contact with you two tomorrow. Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 10:06:44 PM »

Seems interesting... anything I can do to help, I will
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 10:09:09 PM »

i try to play..
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 06:17:42 AM »

I won't be much help in planning, but I'd love to play. Are you to decide which countries are to be included or what? I'd take Sweden otherwise. Or the UK if it has to be realistic. Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »

You can be anyone, but keep in mind it may effect what terrain advantage you have, and will slightly affect originial troop count and invasion spots. I will be starting the first game in the next week!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 03:59:12 PM »

I'll play if there's room
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »

I'd like to.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 09:29:02 PM »

I'd like to play, preferably as Indonesia
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »

Can I play as the country or part of our country with the fewest hillbillies?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 10:32:30 PM »

so can we do this thing?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 11:56:27 PM »

Sorry gang. I dont know who brought this back to life, but I pretty much killed this idea in early April, Im just too busy tohost something like that. If anyone wants to take it up, go for it, but I never had a plan to do anything with it, thus the last time Ive posted about it being April 5th.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies