final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:03:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline  (Read 7429 times)
Deano963

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »

facetious: 
1.   not meant to be taken seriously or literally:

As in your election predictions? Duly noted.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 07:10:53 PM »

The Obama campaign is being coy. Has everyone else's numbers been released?

Obama either didn't do very well and is trying to wait for the storm to pass or outperformed Clinton (and Romney?) and wants to get the headlines all to himself.

FWIW, I got a fundraising call from the Obama campaign last week. No one else has called me.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »

The Obama campaign is being coy. Has everyone else's numbers been released?

On the Democratic side, I think everyone's numbers have been released except Obama, Kucinich, and Gravel.  On the GOP side, Giuliani, McCain, and Romney have all released their numbers, but most of the second tier candidates (like Brownback, Hunter, Gov. Thompson, etc.) have not.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 07:23:42 PM »

A couple more days until Obama's numbers come out. I think they will be big.
Deano963

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 07:51:43 PM »

It would be so awesome if he raised more than Clinton.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 10:21:58 PM »

It would be so awesome if he raised more than Clinton.

Yeah especially since all the headlines have prematurely said "Hillary wins Round 1". I'm not getting my hopes up though.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »

Romney certainly is a serious candidate. Nobody raised his kind of money, won as many endorsements or built a comparatively strong organization the way he did. Romney ran a more sophisticated campaign in a month than people like McCain did in four years! I don't think he'd make a strong general election candidate at all, but there's hardly any stopping him from winning the GOP nomination.

You don't think Mitt Romney would be a strong candidate in the general election?  LMAO.  As weak as he is, just take a look at who his potential opponents are:  a shrill New York hag with no chance in hell of winning the presidency even if Satan himself were the GOP nominee, a one-term liberal black senator, and another one-term senator ex-trial lawyer.  At least Mitt Romney can point to some sort of accomplishments during his tenure as governor

I predict the 2008 election to be eerily similar to the 1988 election Bush versus Dukasis.  Easy win for the GOP
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 10:57:27 PM »

At least Mitt Romney can point to some sort of accomplishments during his tenure as governor

Must be why his approval ratings back in MA are so sky-high.
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 11:08:41 PM »

At least Mitt Romney can point to some sort of accomplishments during his tenure as governor

Completely irrelevent.  Republicans only need to point out the fact that he cut taxes, contrast that to the Democratic frontrunners with no known accomplishments of any kind (except maybe if you want to consider voting to authorize President Bush to go to war with Iraq as an "accomplishment"), and bingo, you get yourself a strong GOP candidate in the general election.

The turning points in this whole campaign were 2 key important dates: October 12, 2006 and December 16, 2006, the days Mark Warner and Evan Bayh exited the race.  The rest is a foregone conclusion: for those of you actually believe Hillary, Obama, or Edwards are going to become the 44th President of the United States are delusional
Deano963

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 11:36:58 PM »

Oh look - the cute little troll who pretends to be a Democrat is back.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »

Completely irrelevent.  Republicans only need to point out the fact that he cut taxes, contrast that to the Democratic frontrunners with no known accomplishments of any kind (except maybe if you want to consider voting to authorize President Bush to go to war with Iraq as an "accomplishment"), and bingo, you get yourself a strong GOP candidate in the general election.

The turning points in this whole campaign were 2 key important dates: October 12, 2006 and December 16, 2006, the days Mark Warner and Evan Bayh exited the race.  The rest is a foregone conclusion: for those of you actually believe Hillary, Obama, or Edwards are going to become the 44th President of the United States are delusional

I suggest you put all of your life's savings into PRESIDENT.REP2008 at InTrade.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 11:46:05 PM »

If Obama comes in with something like a 20 Mio. +, Democrats outraised Republicans by 75 to 50 Mio.

Didn´t the Republicans always have the fundraising edge ? Until now ?
skybridge
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 03:12:05 AM »

Romney certainly is a serious candidate. Nobody raised his kind of money, won as many endorsements or built a comparatively strong organization the way he did. Romney ran a more sophisticated campaign in a month than people like McCain did in four years! I don't think he'd make a strong general election candidate at all, but there's hardly any stopping him from winning the GOP nomination.

You don't think Mitt Romney would be a strong candidate in the general election?  LMAO.  As weak as he is, just take a look at who his potential opponents are:  a shrill New York hag with no chance in hell of winning the presidency even if Satan himself were the GOP nominee, a one-term liberal black senator, and another one-term senator ex-trial lawyer.  At least Mitt Romney can point to some sort of accomplishments during his tenure as governor

I predict the 2008 election to be eerily similar to the 1988 election Bush versus Dukasis.  Easy win for the GOP

Romney embodies everything people currently dislike about the GOP and that's not going to help in 2008. However, I never said he might not have a trick or two up his sleeve.
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 09:30:33 AM »

Beano69,

fine then.  i'm an independent.  my first ever vote I cast for Kerry in 2004 and then Jim Webb in 2006, but if the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate your man Hillary and if you're delusional enough to think he has a chance, then knock yourselves out and nominate him.   I'll just vote Independent.

and if Im such a troll, then ignore me, don't respond.  Why do you make such an effort to go out of your way and post angry, wild-eyed hysterical rantings claiming I'm Karl Rove and a Republican in disguise?  my guess is that you know I'm right and you secretly realize that the situation is not good for the Democrats and you're going to lose the White House (again) in 2008 because of the long history of nominating crappy candidates
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 10:59:13 AM »

Looks like Obama's pulled in $20 million.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »

Looks like Obama's pulled in $20 million.

EXCELLENT!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-dodd0403.artapr03,0,6738819.story?track=rss

Sad

please make checks payable to the dodd for president committee.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2007, 11:17:40 AM »

Biden only got $2 million?

I wonder who's dropping out first...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2007, 01:58:38 PM »

I've heard rumours of numbers from $17 million all the way to $35 million. It is most likely around $21-23 but we won't know for sure until he announces it some time over the next few days.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 03:18:24 PM »

Can someone explain to me what donors see in Romney? Were I a Republican, I'd invest my money in either Giuliani or Thompson, assuming the latter runs.
skybridge
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 04:31:29 PM »

Can someone explain to me what donors see in Romney? Were I a Republican, I'd invest my money in either Giuliani or Thompson, assuming the latter runs.

He's one of them. He can be fully trusted with their money. People like Giuliani or Thompson might think they're so great in their own right that they can follow their own path instead of returning favors. But trust Romney with your money and it will pay off. He won't flop where it matters.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 05:14:18 PM »

He's one of them. He can be fully trusted with their money. People like Giuliani or Thompson might think they're so great in their own right that they can follow their own path instead of returning favors. But trust Romney with your money and it will pay off. He won't flop where it matters.

Basically he's a tool.
Deano963

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 05:19:43 PM »

Beano69,

fine then.  i'm an independent. 

Well, at least I finally got you stop lying about your party ID.

Now if only I could force some sense into that tiny, ignorant head of yours........

I wont get my hopes up. I'm not a miracle worker.
Deano963

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2007, 08:50:50 PM by Dave Leip »

my first ever vote I cast for Kerry in 2004 and then Jim Webb in 2006,

LOL liar. What a frickin liar.

but if the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate your man Hillary and if you're delusional enough to think he has a chance, then knock yourselves out and nominate him.   I'll just vote Independent.

"My" man Hillary. When did I ever say I was for Hillary? Fact is that I never did. The fact that you can't argue with me w/out making sh**t up and putting words in my mouth only reinforces my belief that you area troll and an idiot to boot. Not an ounce of intelligence in any of your idiotic rants.

Maybe I will begin to take you serisouly when you can say one single thing w/out putting words in my mouth that I never siad.

I suspect you do this b/c you can't argue with me based on that facts b/c you know I am right Wink.

and if Im such a troll, then ignore me, don't respond.  Why do you make such an effort to go out of your way and post angry, wild-eyed hysterical rantings claiming I'm Karl Rove and a Republican in disguise? 

Wow - again, you make up crazy sh**t that I never said. Never accused you of being Karl Rove. Only someone as dimwitted as you would even think up something so stupid.

my guess is that you know I'm right and you secretly realize that the situation is not good for the Democrats and you're going to lose the White House (again) in 2008 because of the long history of nominating crappy candidates

LOL! My God you are dumb. You may not be a troll, but if you really do believe half of the sh**t you say (like when you say that things are not good for the Democrats right now), then you are unbelievably stupid.
If you really think that the current political situation is not good for the Democrats right now, you must have been asleep for the past five months, or delusional. The only thing I have ever heard that is even dumber is the suggestion that Mitt Romney would easily beat any of the Democratic candidates in the General Election.

After multiple warnings with regard to not posting such personal attacks, this is the kind of post that gets one banned ... - Dave
Deano963

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »

Well, one thing that should be noted about Romney is that he only had 30,00 donors (McCain, who only raised 12.5 million, had 60,00 donors). That really is quite pathetic, and what it likely means is that all he did was get a lot of rich, mega-donors to max out for both the primary and the general election already.

Romney remains a pathetically weak candidate who did nothing but put on a show for a quarter. He may be able to keep it up for one more quarter, but no more. He has no small donor base, and is very unlikely to develop one as his GOP primary opponents start to point to his monumental flip-flops and poor record.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies