final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:51:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: final 1st quarter fundraising predictions from The Hotline  (Read 7436 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 08:47:35 PM »

More numbers:

http://www2.ljworld.com/blogs/brownback_report/2007/apr/03/brownback_report/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Still no word on the fundraising numbers from Duncan Hunter or Tommy Thompson, so we don't know who came in 4th in GOP fundraising....either Brownback, Hunter, or Thompson.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 12:39:50 AM »

I believe Tommy Thompson said he's going to release the fundraising figures on the 15th.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2007, 12:43:39 AM »

O/T: I saw Tommy on "Hardball" and his hair terrified me.
skybridge
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2007, 01:52:23 AM »

Can someone explain to me what donors see in Romney? Were I a Republican, I'd invest my money in either Giuliani or Thompson, assuming the latter runs.
Romney remains a pathetically weak candidate who did nothing but put on a show for a quarter.

Yeah, setting the fundraising record and winning the straw poll are such signs of weakness. Even if his numbers aren't there yet otherwise, he knows better than anyone how to "turn things around." The stakes are too high for his campaign to fail.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2007, 10:21:46 AM »

Oh look - the cute little troll who pretends to be a Democrat is back.

my first ever vote I cast for Kerry in 2004 and then Jim Webb in 2006,

LOL liar. What a frickin liar.

but if the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate your man Hillary and if you're delusional enough to think he has a chance, then knock yourselves out and nominate him.   I'll just vote Independent.

"My" man Hillary. When did I ever say I was for Hillary? Fact is that I never did. The fact that you can't argue with me w/out making sh**t up and putting words in my mouth only reinforces my belief that you area troll and an idiot to boot. Not an ounce of intelligence in any of your idiotic rants.

Maybe I will begin to take you serisouly when you can say one single thing w/out putting words in my mouth that I never siad.

I suspect you do this b/c you can't argue with me based on that facts b/c you know I am right Wink.

and if Im such a troll, then ignore me, don't respond.  Why do you make such an effort to go out of your way and post angry, wild-eyed hysterical rantings claiming I'm Karl Rove and a Republican in disguise? 

Wow - again, you make up crazy sh**t that I never said. Never accused you of being Karl Rove. Only someone as dimwitted as you would even think up something so stupid.

my guess is that you know I'm right and you secretly realize that the situation is not good for the Democrats and you're going to lose the White House (again) in 2008 because of the long history of nominating crappy candidates

LOL! My God you are dumb. You may not be a troll, but if you really do believe half of the sh**t you say (like when you say that things are not good for the Democrats right now), then you are unbelievably stupid.
If you really think that the current political situation is not good for the Democrats right now, you must have been asleep for the past five months, or delusional. The only thing I have ever heard that is even dumber is the suggestion that Mitt Romney would easily beat any of the Democratic candidates in the General Election.

After multiple warnings with regard to not posting such personal attacks, this is the kind of post that gets one banned ... - Dave

Naw, don't ban him.  I believe in free speech, even for raving mad lunatics.  Deano is just a paid Hillary poster and is angry his man Hillary is losing in the polls to Fred Thompson. LOL!

and you called me a liar because i said I voted for Kerry and Jim Webb?  yeah, okay whatever.  Now go crawl back under your bridge, troll
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2007, 10:34:47 AM »

Naw, don't ban him.  I believe in free speech, even for raving mad lunatics. 

Free speech doesn't matter on a private message board.

Anyway, it looks like Obama raised $25 million now...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070404/ap_on_el_pr/obama_money
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »

Naw, don't ban him.  I believe in free speech, even for raving mad lunatics. 

Free speech doesn't matter on a private message board.

Anyway, it looks like Obama raised $25 million now...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070404/ap_on_el_pr/obama_money

Yep:

Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2007, 09:16:37 AM »

Some new numbers from the second tier candidates on the GOP side are coming in:

link

It now looks like:

Romney $23 million
Giuliani $15 million
McCain $12.5 million
Brownback $2 million
Huckabee $500,000
Hunter $500,000
T. Thompson $400,000
Gilmore $200,000

So Brownback ends up coming in fourth.

(And again, an unspecified portion of the Giuliani and McCain totals is general election money, which can't be used in the primary.  I don't think any of the other Republicans are already raising general election $.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies