If Tom Tancredo were the GOP nominee...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:15:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Tom Tancredo were the GOP nominee...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Tom Tancredo were the GOP nominee...  (Read 1258 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2007, 01:32:46 PM »

and yes, I know he's not going to be, but it's just a hypothetical. But what House seats would the GOP lose as a result? The effect he'd have on the Hispanic vote would be absolutely devastating to the GOP.

I'm actually pretty confident Lampson would hang on. Wilson would be a goner. Also at least one other GOP Congressman from a heavily Hispanic district in Texas and probably one in California thought to be safe would go down as well. This would also be what it takes to finally put a stake through Musgrave's heart.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure we would lose just about all but 6 of them.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »

If you mean president I think we would gain seats like AZ-8 and AZ-5 and hold close seats like NM-1.  TX-22 we would be in the bag, it would more affect seats like Chris Shays and not being able to gain back seats like OH-18.  If he is the Colorado Senate nominee, that puts CO-6 in play but the GOP holds it
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:58:22 AM »

If you mean president I think we would gain seats like AZ-8 and AZ-5 and hold close seats like NM-1.  TX-22 we would be in the bag, it would more affect seats like Chris Shays and not being able to gain back seats like OH-18.  If he is the Colorado Senate nominee, that puts CO-6 in play but the GOP holds it

AZ-08 and AZ-05 are Solid Democrat for years to come.. Gabby Giffords for example should win by a 5 to 1 margin in 2008.. and no im not joking

I'm not sure how long the democrats will be able to hold the 5th, but I'm sure that the 8th is going to stay in democrat hands until Giffords decides to leave it, and even than it would still have the democrat lean.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »

If you mean president I think we would gain seats like AZ-8 and AZ-5

Yeah, the Tancredo-esque candidate sure did well in AZ-8 last year. And J.D. Hayworth's Tancredo-esque positions also helped him out a ton in AZ-5.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »

Yeah, the Tancredo-esque candidate sure did well in AZ-8 last year. And J.D. Hayworth's Tancredo-esque positions also helped him out a ton in AZ-5.

If Tancredo is the GOP candidate (he won't be but if he is) the GOP will lose 15-20 house seats and 5-6 senate seats. Not all from immigration though. I think he's just too far right in general.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:44:19 AM »

If Tancredo is the GOP candidate (he won't be but if he is) the GOP will lose 15-20 house seats and 5-6 senate seats. Not all from immigration though. I think he's just too far right in general.

Tancredo-led Republicans would do great in Florida, I am sure Smiley!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies