Brad Henry's elections as Governor of Oklahoma 2002 and 2006.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:41:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Brad Henry's elections as Governor of Oklahoma 2002 and 2006.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brad Henry's elections as Governor of Oklahoma 2002 and 2006.  (Read 2478 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:22:31 AM »
« edited: March 22, 2007, 12:24:17 AM by Rockefeller Republican »

I was looking around on Wikipedia about Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry. I stumbled across his electoral results in 2002 and in 2006. The map that most surprises me in 2006 where he won, all but THREE countys in the whole of Oklahoma. And also have a look at the results of both 2002 and 2006.

2002 Oklahoma Governor's Race

2006 Oklahoma Governor's Race

I honestly can't believe it!

Sorry stuffed up with the images.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:51:42 AM »

They're right here on this site:

2002:

2006:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:32:47 AM »

or Phil Bredesen in Tennessee:

2002:

2006: Smiley

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:32:28 AM »

Brad Henry is still very popular 3 months into his second term, and if he keeps it up, there's no reason we can't elect another Democrat to replace him in 2010, and there's no reason we can't bring up a candidate to unseat Senator James Inhofe in 2008 and Tom Coburn in 2010.

Its strange that while Gov. Henry, a Democrat won re-election by a landslide margin in 2006, the Republicans not only kept control of the house for their first election to defend their majority in the State House since statehood, but tied the Democrats in the State Senate making it a 29-29 tie forcing Democrat Lt Governor Jari Askins breaking any ties.  Interesting, to say the least.  One may say we are moving right, and they would be right.  One may say we're moving left, and they would be right, as well.  So, the question is, are we moving right or are we moving left?  The answer is, yes.  We are moving in both directions at the same time.  Strange as it sounds, its true.

Now, if we only could translate that into the national level, we'd be in good shape!!!  That will take a lot of work, though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »

The Democratic governors in KS, NM, OK, TN, or IA haven't been able to translate their popularity to the presidential levels or Senate races. This may be due to the tax cuts that these Democratic governors enact and the national candidates don't enact those. Like John Kerry or Hillary Clinton or AL Gore.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »

Since I've moved to OK in mid-Feb I've heard nothing but good things about Brad Henry.

With a GOP controlled legislature and a Dem governor, it's a good mix and it is effective. Massachusetts was a good example (from '91-'06) of how when you have different parties in power (one in the governorship, another party in controlling the legislature), people are happy. It seems to be working in OK too.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 07:29:46 PM »

Since I've moved to OK in mid-Feb I've heard nothing but good things about Brad Henry.

With a GOP controlled legislature and a Dem governor, it's a good mix and it is effective. Massachusetts was a good example (from '91-'06) of how when you have different parties in power (one in the governorship, another party in controlling the legislature), people are happy. It seems to be working in OK too.

It's not working here.
Deano963

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 08:22:50 PM »

The Democratic governors in KS, NM, OK, TN, or IA haven't been able to translate their popularity to the presidential levels or Senate races.

None of them have even tried to run for the Senate, so you can't really say that. You also just listed 5 states that went for W in '04, so even if they all had run for a Senate seat against a republican and lost that statement would hardly mean much at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »

The Democratic governors in KS, NM, OK, TN, or IA haven't been able to translate their popularity to the presidential levels or Senate races.

None of them have even tried to run for the Senate, so you can't really say that. You also just listed 5 states that went for W in '04, so even if they all had run for a Senate seat against a republican and lost that statement would hardly mean much at all.

I think he meant the Democratic party more so than the governors themselves, correct me if I'm wrong?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 09:58:19 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2007, 09:59:54 AM by Quincy »

Yes, I meant the democratic governor's popularity haven't been able to help democrats get elected to senate offices and the national office in the WH. I didn't meant Democratic governors themselves running. I do think Richardson may help the Democrats win NM in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies