Scottish Conservatives to be granted 'independence' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:12:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scottish Conservatives to be granted 'independence' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scottish Conservatives to be granted 'independence'  (Read 2764 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 08, 2007, 07:24:33 PM »

Would this include MPs?

If so would they automatically tie in with a Conservative government and count toward thier seat number as if they were real Tory MPs?

This is silly nonsense, stop carving up what's left, it's supposed to be a United Kingdom

I hate the SNP
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

So they'd be known as the Conservative and Unionist Party? (or more separate than that)...

Just the Unionist Party IIRC. Maybe Scottish Unionist Party?

(Conservative & Unionist Party comes from the merger with the remains of the Liberal Unionists in the early 20th century)

Well...I was refering more to how they'd be known in parliament, would the scottish tories sit with the "british (well, English plus what, 1 welsh) tories...and the delegation be known as the Conservative and Unionist Party...or what

3 Welsh MPs thank you.

I do not find the need to continue to retard (devolve if you will) UK politics, splitting the UK into its separate groups would be the end of the unity and strength the UK has, the EU would utterly dominate Europe without any British influence

LORD WOULD THEY PICK BROWN AND SET A DATE FOR ELECTION ALREADY SO ALL THIS CAN BE PUT ON THE SELF FOR A WHILE AGAIN?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 12:28:11 AM »

I have created this handy map to show the glorious future of devolution.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9229/ukzd3.png
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 10:40:52 AM »

Well...I was refering more to how they'd be known in parliament, would the scottish tories sit with the "british (well, English plus what, 1 welsh) tories...and the delegation be known as the Conservative and Unionist Party...or what

There's only one Scottish Tory M.P now, so would it really matter? Wink

They'd take the Tory Whip if that's what you mean.

There'll probably be a few more at the next election. The Tories nearly won Perth and North Perthshire, for example.

Exactly, Thatcher fallout was enormous and I can see a splitting of the Party in order to try and regain ANY popularity in Scotland or Wales, but support in the next election could reach 40% ( I expect the LD's so absolutely implode sorry verily) This just seems like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies