Alternate 1968 and On (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:27:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Alternate 1968 and On (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alternate 1968 and On  (Read 19600 times)
bbt
Rookie
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:01:51 PM »

True Democrat let me first say thanks for doing this.  I have thoroughly  enjoyed reading this piece.  This the way Alternative History should be written. As a matter of fact, its honestly the best work I've seen.  If you wrote a book of alternative political history I'd buy it!!!
bbt
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »

earlier I had posted what a great job on this timeline you've done True Democrat............but its gone downhill badly.  I do appreciate your efforts, but this timeline got away from you around '76.  Just not in the slightest believeable past that
bbt
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 02:21:17 PM »

earlier I had posted what a great job on this timeline you've done True Democrat............but its gone downhill badly.  I do appreciate your efforts, but this timeline got away from you around '76.  Just not in the slightest believeable past that

Would you mind telling me what's not believable?

Well I find the Dole assasination immediately on the heels ( within two weeks) of Bush's assasination a stretch -- but I'd be willing to let that pass on artistic license.  What is really hard to swallow is to even consider that Bush had anywhere near the gravitas to run for President in '76, far much less, Crane or Anderson in '76 being as both were very limited at that time in the House of Reps, unlike in '80.  I just feel its far more likely that a more established Republican like Nixon or Reagan would just stand by and watch only Anderson, Bush and Crane run in '76.

You certainly do write better than I ever could and the first part of the story was the most awesome I've seen on Alt History boards.  I've been visiting at least 4 different AH forums for a while now.  I was just dissappointed in the ultra fantasy turn thats all
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies