KY Democrats turn to their 2,349,394,844 choice in Senate race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:18:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY Democrats turn to their 2,349,394,844 choice in Senate race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY Democrats turn to their 2,349,394,844 choice in Senate race  (Read 1354 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:17:23 AM »

Andrew Horne appears to be the likely Democratic challenger to Mitch McConnell.

Way to go, KY Democrats! A sure-fire way to beat the Senate Minority leader is to run a candidate who's only prior bid for public office ended in defeated in a Congressional primary election.

http://www.swingstateproject.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1217

It's time for Democrats to stop comparing this race to the 2002 South Dakota Senatorial election.

Crucial differences between these races:

The GOP challenger to the Democratic Senate Leader was the most popular Republican in the state; The Democratic challenger to the Republican Senate leader is some guy who lost a Congressional race in 2006.

Tom Daschle's views on abortion, taxes, and defense were far to the left of most South Dakotans; Mitch McConnell's views on most issues are in the mainstream of Bluegrass State public opinion.

The Democratic Senate leader was demonized for his views and became a national caricature of Democratic ineptitude; Few Americans outside of Kentucky know have heard of Mitch McConnell.

Tom Daschle had to run 20 points ahead of his party's Presidential nominee to win. If Mitch McConnell runs 20 points ahead of the GOP's POTUS nominee, McConnell wins around 75% of the vote.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 01:57:33 AM »

Mitch McConnell's views on most issues are in the mainstream of Bluegrass State public opinion.

No. They are not.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 11:47:16 AM »

Mitch McConnell's views on most issues are in the mainstream of Bluegrass State public opinion.

No. They are not.

Explain, por favor.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:48:27 AM »

Most Kentuckians are against the war and support increasing the minimum wage.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »

Eh, everyone is waiting to take on Bunning.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »

Eh, everyone is waiting to take on Bunning.
Indeed.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 02:48:39 PM »

When it comes to economic issues, I'd say that its senators are well to the right of the state as a whole

Dave
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 04:46:38 PM »

When it comes to economic issues, I'd say that its senators are well to the right of the state as a whole

Dave

Don't most Kentuckians care more about the pork the McConnell brings home? If the voters are really so supportive of raising the minimum wage, they should contact their state legislators and urge them to push for the bill in the state capitol.
CollectiveInterest

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »

Dave

Don't most Kentuckians care more about the pork the McConnell brings home? If the voters are really so supportive of raising the minimum wage, they should contact their state legislators and urge them to push for the bill in the state capitol.
You're being a bit obnoxious, Ex-Iconoclast.

You made a claim. Someone disagreed. You asked for examples of being wrong. Examples were provided and you're blaming the people of Kentucky.

You betrayed your Right Wing bias. You got called on it. Quit blaming the people of Kentucky.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 03:49:32 PM »

Dave

You're being a bit obnoxious, Ex-Iconoclast.

You made a claim. Someone disagreed. You asked for examples of being wrong. Examples were provided and you're blaming the people of Kentucky.

You betrayed your Right Wing bias. You got called on it. Quit blaming the people of Kentucky.

HardRCafe calls me a DailyKos wingnut and now you're accusing me of "Right Wing bias"? I find this quite amusing.

I didn't mean to be "obnoxious," I was simply pointing out that efforts o raise Kentucky's minimum wage start at the state level.

While I'm personally dubious about the economic benefits of the minimum wage -- the EITC is a much more effective way of helping workers and ensuring small businesses stay competitive in a cutthroat marketplace-- I encourage all Kentuckians who support raising the state's min. wage to urge their representatives to support HB-17, which will increase the basic hourly rate by 17% in 2008.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies