Most vulnerable Senate seats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:51:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most vulnerable Senate seats
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: As of today, which Republican Senate seat is most vulnerable?
John Sununu (R-NH)

Gordon Smith (R-OR)

Elizabeth Dole (R-NC)

Wayne Allard (retired R-CO)

Norm Coleman (R-MN)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Most vulnerable Senate seats  (Read 1229 times)
Rawlings
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:59:19 PM »

Looking ahead to 2008, where are the most vulnerable Senate seats for both Republicans and Democrats?

For Republicans I see New Hampshire and Oregon as toughest to hold.  Some point to Allard's Colorado seat as a weakness but Colorado is too conservative to vote for the liberal Mark Udall.  That's a moderate hold for the GOP.

For Democrats I don't think they'll lose any more than the Louisiana seat and maybe, if Tim Johnson retires, South Dakota.  Max Baucus is too popular in Montana to lose.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

Looking ahead to 2008, where are the most vulnerable Senate seats for both Republicans and Democrats?

For Republicans I see New Hampshire and Oregon as toughest to hold.  Some point to Allard's Colorado seat as a weakness but Colorado is too conservative to vote for the liberal Mark Udall.  That's a moderate hold for the GOP.

For Democrats I don't think they'll lose any more than the Louisiana seat and maybe, if Tim Johnson retires, South Dakota.  Max Baucus is too popular in Montana to lose.

This is better suited for Congressional election discussion.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:42:02 PM »

Easily Allard's seat.  Colorado is not really that conservative at all, and is trending Democrat quite substantially as of late.  That, and Mark Udall is quite possibly the most popular guy in the state.  Add that to the fact that a lot of the GOP's strongest candidates have already said no, too.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »

At this point, Colorado has surpassed being categorized as "vulnerable" and can essentially be marked as a loss for Republicans in 2008.  Of course this prediction could come back to bite me in the ass when it is revealed that bat boy is Udall's love child with Anna Nicole Smith or some other such nonsense.  We still have a long way to go before anyone can make any credible predictions about any of these races.  Lots of things can and will happen between now and election day that will alter the playing field.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies