UK: Howard's Tories show their true face (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:34:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK: Howard's Tories show their true face (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK: Howard's Tories show their true face  (Read 9201 times)
English

« on: November 18, 2003, 05:29:53 AM »

The Tories make me sick. They are clearly the same old bigotted party they were 20 years ago. Re-introducing the death penalty into the UK would be an absolute outrage. Dozens of innocent people would've sentenced to death as a result of police bungling and Tory interfearence if we hadn't abolished it in 1965. To think I was actually comtemplating switching my vote. I wonder what far-right populist remarks they will come out with next? Stopping benefits for the unemployed, sending back asylum seekers, more rabidly homophobic back-to-basics nonsense? When will this party drag itself into the 21st century and stop sticking their oar into people's private lives. The courts are perfectly able to dispense justice on their own without the interfearence from David Davis and Micheal Howard.
English

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 05:26:47 AM »

Very true. The majority of people would agree that child murderers/paedophiles should be executed. However in Britain there have been a long chain of travesties of justice, whereby innocent people have been convicted, in cases framed, for crimes they didn't do. These people would have presumably been put to death? In fact the last person ever to be executed in the UK, was reckoned to be innocent.
This means that in practice very few people would actually vote for a return of the death penalty and rightly so. In any case the UK could never vote for it's return or we would face severe sanctions from the EU.
English

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 05:28:47 AM »

...here's a question, how do you feel on abortion?

I too am against it in principle. It definately should not be an option just because someone decides they 'don't want a baby'. In those cases they should have the baby adopted, not terminated. In cases where there is a serious medical risk to mother or child, or where the child is conceived through rape I believe abortion is justified. For the latter two reasons I would not ban abortion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies