Subsidized abortions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:15:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Subsidized abortions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Subsidized abortions  (Read 3837 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: April 15, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »

Christ you fellows don't understand economics at all do you?  If you 'save money' by aborting poors, then someone else will just have to fill that role instead - perhaps you.  Society is a heirarchy and our positions are relative.. it is this relative position that is important, not the absolute condition.   

Your proposition would not do anything to reduce poverty, Richious - only transferring power would do that.

That is of course offered completely proof free. Nevermind that the average working class family has a better quality of life now than kings did couple of centuries ago (maybe less). Tell me, why does relative position matter at all? Why should I care that there are people more powerful than me, if I myself am living within my ambitions? Only because of some dickwaving contest? To quote Hayek:
 "The power which a multiple millionaire, who may be my neighbor and perhaps my employer, has over me is very much less than that which the smallest functionnaire possesses who wields the coercive power of the state, and on whose discretion it depends whether and how I am to be allowed to live or to work."

That is whom we should really be worried about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies