2004 California Precinct Result Maps (with a Twin City Bonus for BRTD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:19:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 California Precinct Result Maps (with a Twin City Bonus for BRTD)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 California Precinct Result Maps (with a Twin City Bonus for BRTD)  (Read 12766 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2008, 01:05:51 PM »
« edited: June 21, 2008, 02:34:21 PM by Torie »

I found a cool new site, that allows you to upload precinct data files for some states onto Google Earth. On Google Earth, you can even control click the precinct to get the Kerry percentage of the vote, and the total number of votes cast. Clicking on Berkeley gets really "ugly." Some precincts were around 96% Kerry. It must be vote fraud! Tongue Here is a snapshot of the Alameda County area, just for sbane.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2008, 03:03:20 PM by Torie »

And moving on to BRTD's beloved homeland, here is a map for him. Notice that odd little pink dot in the middle of all of that dark blue.

danny
Israel

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »

Interesting maps, though unsurprising.

link?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 05:47:43 PM »

link?

link.

As I warned Sbane however, you might need to upgrade Google Earth, and your computer will need to have a lot of memory. The data file is naturally huge.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 10:58:51 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2008, 11:00:52 PM by Alcon »

Cool site, although it does have a good number of data errors.

link?

link.

As I warned Sbane however, you might need to upgrade Google Earth, and your computer will need to have a lot of memory. The data file is naturally huge.

There's a web browser version of every map (like the Minneapolis one you posted).  It's neat, because you can enter an address and it zooms in too.

A warning that it doesn't properly work very well on Firefox.  When you scroll or click, Firefox gets the wrong coordinates and things get screwy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2008, 03:07:03 PM by Torie »

One thing of interest, which points out the more macro GOP syndrome, is that I think Edina is the highest income town in Minnesota, and notice how marginal it is, on the twin city map.

Edina City

Kerry 16,090   
Bush  15,277   

Actually, Edina has a median household income of 71K, and that is beat by Minnetonka with 75K, and Plymouth with 74K. The highest going away with North Oaks (oddly enough in hyper Dem Ramsey County), which clocks in at 162K in median household income, and North Oaks, bless it,  still has a "class consciousness."  It is probably  because it is gated, and BRTD can't get in to agitprop the place. Tongue

Minnetonka

Kerry 17,790
Bush 15,317

Plymouth

Kerry 19,679
Bush 21,652

North Oaks

Kerry 1,197
Bush 1,750
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »

One thing of interest, which points out the more macro GOP syndrome, is that I think Edina is the highest income town in Minnesota, and notice how marginal it is, on the twin city map.

Edina City

Kerry 16,090   
Bush  15,277   

Actually, Edina has a median household income of 71K, and that is beat by Minnetonka with 75K, and Plymouth with 74K. The highest going away with North Oaks (oddly enough in hyper Dem Ramsey County), which clocks in at 162K in median household income, and North Oaks, bless it,  still has a "class consciousness."  It is probably  because it is gated, and BRTD can't get in to agitprop the place. Tongue

Not a bad guess...
Wiki:

"Formerly a gated community that now posts private access signage, all land is owned by homeowners with the North Oaks Home Owners Association maintaining all roads, plowing, parks, facilities, and recreation trails. Each homeowner's property extends halfway into the street. (...) The City owns no property. As such the Metropolitan Council has no jurisdiction over the city's comprehensive plan..."
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 02:16:05 PM »

Thanks for leaving Santa Clara County out of that image. Much appreciated. Wink
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 11:16:08 PM »

There's nothing odd about North Oaks at all. The only reason Ramsey County is hyper-Dem is that about half the county is the city of St. Paul and it's not large enough (geographically) to take in many Republican suburbs. If Hennepin County were the same geographic size as Ramsey county, it'd be even more Democratic, but it's moderated by the hyper-GOP areas in the western part of it.

I'm also surprised Torie missed Eden Prairie in high income areas.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 12:02:32 AM »

I'm proud that my Kiawah Island precinct voted 73% for Bush.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »

I'm proud that my Kiawah Island precinct voted 73% for Bush.
That somehow got me to look up Edisto. (Must be because I've read the book by Padgett Powell.)
The island has two precincts, and gee, is it obvious where the rich white newcomers live.
One precinct 75+ Bush. That's Edisto Beach.
One precinct 60-75 Kerry. That's the bulk of the island.

Wiki points out that Edisto Beach is an incorporated town and in a different county from the remainder of the island (Colleton vs Charleston). Also, that its 650 people are 96% white, while the 2600 people on the remainder of the island are 70% black. Who'd've thought it? Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »

My precinct is 60-75 Kerry. Not surprising. But it was interesting that there wasn't a single Bush precinct in San Francisco.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2008, 09:39:25 PM by Torie »

There's nothing odd about North Oaks at all. The only reason Ramsey County is hyper-Dem is that about half the county is the city of St. Paul and it's not large enough (geographically) to take in many Republican suburbs. If Hennepin County were the same geographic size as Ramsey county, it'd be even more Democratic, but it's moderated by the hyper-GOP areas in the western part of it.

Eden Prairie voted 55-43 for Bush 2004. But yes, it's median income was about 9K higher than Minnetonka (84K to 75K). still prosaic in California money in the "right" zip  codes (heck my little suburb, and it is not Laguna Beach (Dem) or Newport Beach (R), so not top tier in my county, did "better" than that. Hennipen had about 30 precincts that voted for Bush by a 20% or more margin. The hyper GOP areas in Hennepin were rather thin on the ground in 2004.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »

When we in Plymouth try our best to be anti-elitist, we often cite "Eden Prairie" as the city that "at least we're not..."
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »

My precinct is 60-75 Kerry. Not surprising. But it was interesting that there wasn't a single Bush precinct in San Francisco.

Has there been a Republican precinct in San Fran since the 70's? (I'd imagine there could have been some in 1984 where Reagan got 31% of the county vote)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 11:04:35 PM »

Yes even the financial district is not conservative enough.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »

Has there been a Republican precinct in San Fran since the 70's? (I'd imagine there could have been some in 1984 where Reagan got 31% of the county vote)

Reagan may have gotten a few areas, and I imagine Ford got a bunch. He cracked 40% in San Francisco.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies