Minnesota Senate 2008: Coleman's name booed at anti-tax rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:40:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Minnesota Senate 2008: Coleman's name booed at anti-tax rally
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota Senate 2008: Coleman's name booed at anti-tax rally  (Read 928 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:23:07 PM »

http://www.mnblue.com/norm_booed

During an anti-tax rally at the State Capitol, Republican Party Chair Ron Carey read a letter from Norm Coleman. The crowd booed while Carey read his letter and chanted "No More RINOs!" RINO refers to the concept of Republican In Name Only.

This doesn't bode well for Norm. Apparently, the party faithful don't like Norm. There weren't really even any counter cheers by any Republicans who like Norm. So much for Republican party unity. I wonder how Ron Carey and Norm will attempt to spin this?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:24:11 PM »

Coleman is not a RINO. This isn't much of an issue anyway. They're going to be rallying behind him when Franken gets the Dem nomination.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:36:37 PM »

Coleman is not a RINO. This isn't much of an issue anyway. They're going to be rallying behind him when Franken gets the Dem nomination.

Aren't you just a teensy bit wary of making these predictions after what happened last year?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:39:09 PM »

Aren't you just a teensy bit wary of making these predictions after what happened last year?

How do you compare this to last year? We're talking about the GOP base. I doubt that they're going to rally behind Franken and unless some serious conservative third party candidate emerges, the base will be for Coleman. I can understand your argument if we're talking about the average voter (I still think Coleman wins this one) but we're not.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 04:05:04 PM »

I was referring more to your certainty that Franken will win the Democratic nomination, and the implication that he will go on to lose to Coleman (a claim I have seen you make before). Given the uncertainties this far out- the possibility of Rybak changing his mind and getting in, to name just one- it seems a bit hackish to make these assertions.

btw, Coleman's recent vote against stem-cell research should disturb those supporters who thought he would tone down his hard-edged conservatism for the election. That isn't going to play well back in Minnesota.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »

I was referring more to your certainty that Franken will win the Democratic nomination, and the implication that he will go on to lose to Coleman (a
claim I have seen you make before).

Well, I am fairly certain that Franken will win the nomination and I think Coleman is likely to win the General. Anything can happen but I don't think that Coleman is controversial enough to lose to a washed up comedian.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see what is "hackish" about thinking that Franken will likely win the primary. I could see if Rybak was considering a run but just because he might change his mind, I'm a hack? A bit unfair if I may say.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Point taken but let's remember that this thread is mainly about Coleman being in or out of touch with the GOP faithful.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 04:34:06 PM »

True, I may have been unfair. We'll only know who's right when the votes are cast, after all. Smiley
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 04:40:58 PM »

I think Franken would have a shot against Coleman, but pretty unlikely.

I'd like to see some other Democrats jump in.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies