Okay, now even I think Tom Allen is going to challenge Senator Susan Collins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:58:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Okay, now even I think Tom Allen is going to challenge Senator Susan Collins
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Okay, now even I think Tom Allen is going to challenge Senator Susan Collins  (Read 601 times)
Kevinstat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:27:17 PM »

From The Hill ( http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/maines-allen-to-enter-senate-race-within-a-month-2007-04-17.html ):

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When a campaign manager says something like that, it's a pretty good sign that his or her candidate is running for the office in question.  What will likely happen in a month or so is a formal announcement with all of the party fanfare.  I did speculate here that Allen might be playing people, but that would be a poor move for a politician (to play people in this way, I mean - many would argue that politicians play people all the time).  A knowledgeable person on that web site mentioned the possibility of Allen getting a federal patronage job (like the Maine head of the Small Bussiness Administration or whatever that's called that Olympia Snowe's nearly successful '90/'92 opponent held for at least part of the Clinton administration, although Allen might be a better fit for something else on that same level, as Allen hasn't made much of an effort to portray himself as pro-business, like some Democrats who fall in the DLC-type economic philosophy will do even if most business groups still give them poor records), should he lose a close race to Collins but the Democrats win the White House.  I had speculated earlier that Allen might have the Maine AG position (elected by the Legislature, which has had an overall Democratic majority after every general election from 1980 on) as a fallback position if he ran for the Senate, but that idea was ridiculed by the political satirist I shared that idea with.  I kind of liked being dissed by that guy, as he disses everyone and it's been said "You aren't anyone in Maine politics [or something like that] until Al Diamon has had his way with you."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies