Its Official... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:13:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Its Official... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Its Official...  (Read 1636 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: April 21, 2007, 05:31:15 PM »

I'm sorry, but you posting seemed a little incoherent to me.

Yeah I hate it when people can't correct there grammer.  At least your decent enough to have perfect english.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »

I'm sorry, but you posting seemed a little incoherent to me.

Yeah I hate it when people can't correct there grammer.  At least your decent enough to have perfect english.

Sorry, but I never claimed to have perfect English.

However, the post to which I referred was incoherent.

Then you must not know how to read.  Either that or you just like to call things incoherent if you don't like what they say.

Actually, it's probably both.  Shouldn't you be sitting on your porch, holding your rifle and looking out for Mexicans?  Go get 'em, CARL!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 06:58:31 PM »

Oh gracious, you know how to use a dictionary.  Maybe your tactic is to scare off anyone who dares dispute you through sheer longetivity.  How original!

You don't see how a phonograph record can be ignorant?  You yourself acknowledged that he was using a literary technique, so why the sudden literalism?  I mean, really, is that the best you can come up with?  If you're going to interpret a metaphor (do you know what a simile is?) literally, you can't recognize that it's not meant to be read literally before you do so.  That's common sense.

Was the post badly phrased?  Sure.  That's not the same thing as incoherent.  We can still understand what it says, and we can understand the meaning.  You are pretending that you can't just because you have nothing else to argue on.

Now, check outside on your fancy patio, rich white boy.  Looks like one of the Mexicans is pregnant.  Two birds with one bullet!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 03:00:30 AM »

Ah, so you admit that you don't know the difference between a metaphor and a simile?  Maybe your self-appointed status as the forum's English Linguistics King should be revisited.

It's not really hard; maybe you're having trouble understanding it because you took it out of context?  The actual quote is "...you haven't done anything other than avoid anything Dr. Cynic says."  Now, while it may have been better served under the wording "...you haven't done anything other than avoid what Dr. Cynic says," it's perfectly understandable.

What did you mean by "for your explanation of the"?  I don't understand it lol!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 06:44:50 PM »

Wait, what was that?  You don't know the difference between a metaphor and a simile?!  My God.  Visit an English instructor immediately; in fact, I would recommend starting around fourth grade and continuing from there.  The other kids will pick on you for being a little older at first, but eventually they'll realize that you're just like the rest of them and accept you with open arms.

Since you have to take a quote out of context in order to claim you don't know what it means, why do you bother posting on the forum at all?  Do keep in mind that no one likes you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies