PA Senators approval ratings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:58:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Senators approval ratings
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA Senators approval ratings  (Read 842 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2007, 09:49:55 AM »

Arlen Specter - 53% approve, 34% disapprove

Bob Casey - 46% approve, 31% disapprove

I love that Casey's approval isn't 65% or something. PA is finally realizing he's Mr. Mediocre. He won't be in the Senate for more than one term.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 10:51:35 AM »

I think its too early to predict what wouold happen to Casey in 2012 but in any case, he was just elected by a landslide over an incumbent Senator - for a state like Pennsylvania winning your first term 59%-41% is pretty strong.  I would have thought Casey has a firmer grip on his seat than Specter does. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 10:56:11 AM »

I think its too early to predict what wouold happen to Casey in 2012 but in any case, he was just elected by a landslide over an incumbent Senator - for a state like Pennsylvania winning your first term 59%-41% is pretty strong.  I would have thought Casey has a firmer grip on his seat than Specter does. 

Casey won big because of his name, the year and he was running against Santorum. It's fair to say that he won't be back for another term because he doesn't truly want to be down there anyway.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 10:57:32 AM »

Casey won big because of his name, the year and he was running against Santorum. It's fair to say that he won't be back for another term because he doesn't truly want to be down there anyway.

True, although it's worth noting that Casey has an approval rating about equivalent to Specter's -- the people just don't know him as well, so both numbers are lower.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 11:00:50 AM »

I think Casey will be re-elected in 2012 regardless then seek the Governorship in 2018, when he is up for re-election.  It makes sense because of Pennsylvania's pattern of alternating Governors between the Parties every eight years; thus a Republican would win and hold the office in 2010 and 2014, leaving Casey free to run in 2018. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »

True, although it's worth noting that Casey has an approval rating about equivalent to Specter's -- the people just don't know him as well, so both numbers are lower.

People don't know Casey as well?

Question - What planet do you live on?

I think Casey will be re-elected in 2012 regardless then seek the Governorship in 2018, when he is up for re-election.  It makes sense because of Pennsylvania's pattern of alternating Governors between the Parties every eight years; thus a Republican would win and hold the office in 2010 and 2014, leaving Casey free to run in 2018. 

The point wasn't whether or not Casey would win re-election to the Senate. I really don't think he wants to be down there. He could always take time away and come back for a run for Governor.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »

People don't know Casey as well?

Question - What planet do you live on?

The point wasn't whether or not Casey would win re-election to the Senate. I really don't think he wants to be down there. He could always take time away and come back for a run for Governor.

Fair enough - I thought you were saying he could not win re-election in 2012.  And from everything I heard and read he wants to be Governor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »

And from everything I heard and read he wants to be Governor.

Everybody knows that. It's just a question of whether he runs in 2010 or waits a bit longer.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies