Words from West Branch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:48:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Words from West Branch
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Words from West Branch  (Read 585 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2007, 08:28:54 PM »

(West Branch, Iowa)

(Former President PBrunsel approaches the podium in front of the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library)

My fellow citizens of District 3,

I am but a humble former President and Senator who wanted to be retired from Atlasian politics, but am now asking for the job of Senator from District Three. I have always believed that one must follow the calling of their country, and when I was told by a few Atlasian citizens that there was no District Three Senate candidate, I conceded to run, and leave my retirement. In the name of civic duty I ask to be your Senator.

When I was a Senator for eight months many months ago, I rarely missed a vote. I was active in debate, and introduced bills that my constituents wanted to be debated. I truly believe I was a servant of the citizen, and that is what a Senator is. I can promise the good citizens of District Three but one thing: I shall be your servant, and shall listen to you.

I realize that as a Conservative I may be at odds with my district at times, but if a bill is introduced and you want me to vote for it, simply give me an argument for it. If I feel your argument is strong, then by all means I will vote for the bill. If you have an idea for a bill and want me to introduce it to the Senate, I will if you can give me a good reason to. I will never scoff at an idea and call it trivial, and I will always ask counsel from the citizens of the district.

I remember back when I was running for Republican nomination for Vice-President in April and May of 2004, my “Great American Tour” was not laughed at for being overzealous, but encouraged. In this nation, if you can make a valid and clear point and articulate it, you can be respected. As your Senator, I will always give this district a clear and articulate voice in the hallowed halls of the Senate.

Atlasia has been very kind to me. I have risen from an annoying perennial candidate who always made too many speeches to the White House and to the Senate. I see the future of Atlasia as a bright one if we can attract more people like Ebowed, Gabu, Wildcard, Colin Wixted, and these energetic newcomers like South Park Republican, Hitchabrut, and DownWithTheLeft. Even if you don’t agree with their views, they have been very active in their campaigns. We need legislation to attract bright minds like these new fellows and those old statesmen.

Let no man tell you Atlasia’s best days are behind us, for there shall always be for our nation a bright future.

Thank you very much, and God bless you all.

(PBrunsel leaves the stage as a band plays "The Battle Hymn of the Republic")
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:32:44 PM »

Good speech...

Minor point from an outsider...

"Battle Hymn of the Republic" is a great patriotic song... But perhaps if you had a much more contemporary theme song...

Just a suggestion.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »

Always quite the orator, PBrunsel.  Good speech.

"Battle Hymn of the Republic" is a great patriotic song... But perhaps if you had a much more contemporary theme song...
No.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 01:50:27 AM »

I see the future of Atlasia as a bright one if we can attract more people like Ebowed, Gabu, Wildcard, Colin Wixted, and these energetic newcomers like South Park Republican, Hitchabrut, and DownWithTheLeft. Even if you don’t agree with their views, they have been very active in their campaigns.

Well, the first one, at least.  The others, not so much. Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 10:55:38 AM »

Thanks PBrunsel for the compliment.  But who is Hitchabrut?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 03:36:47 PM »

Thanks PBrunsel for the compliment.  But who is Hitchabrut?

He probably meant Hashemite... I recall someone named Hitchabrut from a while back, but I don't think he's still around.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »

WHAT IS YOUR MONEY PLAN
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies