Bill Ritter's approval rating?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:57:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bill Ritter's approval rating?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Ritter's approval rating?  (Read 2858 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:04:13 PM »

Does anybody have any information on Bill Ritter's current approval rating? I'm wondering what it is since he has had all that trouble concerning unions and all.
Rococo4

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »

talk about a guy who was in the right place at the right time and against the right opponent......
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 02:30:23 AM »

Does anybody have any information on Bill Ritter's current approval rating? I'm wondering what it is since he has had all that trouble concerning unions and all.

No, but I know that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's approval rating is at 89%.

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=6422411
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »

Wow. Can someone get her to run for the Senate against Stevens, please?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »

It's the Richard Nixon effect.  When Ford first came into office, his approvals were also extremely high.  Succeeding Murkowski helps with approvals.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »

It's the Richard Nixon effect.  When Ford first came into office, his approvals were also extremely high.  Succeeding Murkowski helps with approvals.

I don't care what the reason is. 89% is the highest approval rating I've ever seen next to Bush break 90% after 9/11. Hopefully, Palin will primary Murkowski in 2010 (since it is obvious that no one is challenging Stevens).
Rawlings
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 5.22

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »

Two things:

1.) They haven't released it.  You know what that means.  They also haven't given any of Udall's numbers.  You know what that means.  For Republicans, no news is always good news.

2.) I was down at the capital today for some political/lobbying stuff and the sense I get is that the union stuff was good for Ritter--but the Democrats are bringing him down.  Colorado is probably the most anti-union state you'll find and I don't know a single person who didn't applaud his veto.  His rating would likely be near 60 or 65 if it wasn't for his party bringing him down. Most likely it's in the low 50s.  The Democrats are very unpopular and Ritter needs to position himself as an independent Liberman-type.

Ritter has mostly been true to his centrist campaign pledges.  But he's recently proposed an illegal property tax increase (in Colorado you can't raise taxes without voter approval).  That has caused a major uproar.  Also, the Democrats have gone hog-wild on abortion and gay rights--two issues that are VERY unpopular in Colorado.  He hasn't signed anything yet--but if he does he will be seriously jeopardizing his clout in government.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »

Two things:

1.) They haven't released it.  You know what that means.  They also haven't given any of Udall's numbers.  You know what that means.  For Republicans, no news is always good news.

2.) I was down at the capital today for some political/lobbying stuff and the sense I get is that the union stuff was good for Ritter--but the Democrats are bringing him down.  Colorado is probably the most anti-union state you'll find and I don't know a single person who didn't applaud his veto.  His rating would likely be near 60 or 65 if it wasn't for his party bringing him down. Most likely it's in the low 50s.  The Democrats are very unpopular and Ritter needs to position himself as an independent Liberman-type.

Ritter has mostly been true to his centrist campaign pledges.  But he's recently proposed an illegal property tax increase (in Colorado you can't raise taxes without voter approval).  That has caused a major uproar.  Also, the Democrats have gone hog-wild on abortion and gay rights--two issues that are VERY unpopular in Colorado.  He hasn't signed anything yet--but if he does he will be seriously jeopardizing his clout in government.

I think after Colorado you left out Springs.......  because the state as a whole well....

With the exception of Arizona whose ban failed (and it was a much stricter ban) the banning of gay marriage in Colorado was closer than any other state.  Also polls in CO have showed between 55-60% of the state is pro-choice, 35-40% of the state pro-life.
Rawlings
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 5.22

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 09:37:41 AM »

Two things:

I think after Colorado you left out Springs.......  because the state as a whole well....

With the exception of Arizona whose ban failed (and it was a much stricter ban) the banning of gay marriage in Colorado was closer than any other state.  Also polls in CO have showed between 55-60% of the state is pro-choice, 35-40% of the state pro-life.

Come on!  The biggest political donors--and the reason why the Democrats have done so well lately--are Tim Gill and Jared Polis, who also happen to be national gay rights activists.  The gay rights crowd poured all their money and all their people into Colorado to stop the amendment and get civil unions passed.  They outspent family groups 5:1!  Yet, the marriage amendment passed comfortably and the civil unions lost by a lot more than folks expected.

On abortion Colorado is about as pro-life as America.  Rasmussen has a poll out that shows that while most folks support Roe they believe that abortion should be made much tougher to get.  Most polls show about 50 or 51 percent making abortion illegal except for race, incest, and the mothers life.  That more pro-life than pro-choice.  And that's where Colorado is.  I don't know where you've been in Colorado--Boulder?--to make you think that Colorado is what you think it is.  But it's not.  It's pretty much in line with the national electorate--except that we're more anti-tax, pro-gun.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 10:28:49 AM »

Someone is ridiculously optimistic to the point of being delusional. SurveyUSA hasn't conducted approval rating polls for over half the country since November. I don't know why, but it has nothing to do with hiding approval ratings.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:44:51 AM »

Two things:

Come on!  The biggest political donors--and the reason why the Democrats have done so well lately--are Tim Gill and Jared Polis, who also happen to be national gay rights activists.  The gay rights crowd poured all their money and all their people into Colorado to stop the amendment and get civil unions passed.  They outspent family groups 5:1!  Yet, the marriage amendment passed comfortably and the civil unions lost by a lot more than folks expected.

On abortion Colorado is about as pro-life as America.  Rasmussen has a poll out that shows that while most folks support Roe they believe that abortion should be made much tougher to get.  Most polls show about 50 or 51 percent making abortion illegal except for race, incest, and the mothers life.  That more pro-life than pro-choice.  And that's where Colorado is.  I don't know where you've been in Colorado--Boulder?--to make you think that Colorado is what you think it is.  But it's not.  It's pretty much in line with the national electorate--except that we're more anti-tax, pro-gun.

If Colorado was half as  conservative as you try to suggest it is the pro-life, pro choice numbers would not be about the same as the nation, nor would the bill opposing same sex marriage, be the closest of all the bills that did not also ban civil unions.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 03:16:27 AM »

If you two ever shake hands I swear they'll be an explosion
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix