Ultimatum to my beloved GOP.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:34:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ultimatum to my beloved GOP.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultimatum to my beloved GOP.  (Read 2094 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:11:14 AM »

Ah, yes, yet another Republican Congressman is being tagged with the admirable label of "corrupt." The latest edition to what is becoming a not so exclusive club is Tom Feeney and yes, you guessed it - he's connected to Mr. Abramoff. Now Mr. Feeney has said he had "no relationship" with our pal Jack and it's not my place to say (at this point at least) whether he did or did not have connections. I am, however, in a position to be harsh. I am tired of what is becoming a long list of alleged connections to Abramoff/whoever else we can call "crooked."

Last week it was Rick Renzi, John Doolittle, Gary Miller and Jerry Lewis. Now we have to add Feeney into the mix of those under investigation by the FBI. Can we put an end to this, please?

Here's my demand of my beloved Republican party - the party that I hope takes back Congress and keeps the White House in 2008, the party that I do everything I can to help, the party that I stand by when we are in a slump...

Dear RNC leaders,

Make sure that you either primary these people or see to it that they are presuaded to not seek re-election and, if need be, see to it that they resign. I am tired of seeing these people in government. I am tired of seeing us take a nose dive in the polls because of these people. I am not ready to lose more seats than we did in 2006 because we insist on keeping these pieces of garbage around. I am tired of this "always back the incumbents in a primary!" strategy. Make sure that these people are gone before we go to the polls in November of 2008.

Thank you.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »

Not to add any more rain to this already gloomy parade, but I hear that Don Young (R-AK) has also recently been implicated with ties to Abramoff.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »

The whole Abramoff mess looks like its going to get a lot worse before its all set and done for the GOP, as padfoot mentioned it looks like Young is in deep as well and I doubt it stops there.

Phil despite our differences and arguments in the past on virtually everything, I do have to give you credit for standing up and calling your party out on this.  Not that I think the GOP will abide by what you suggest.  Now they may Primary some of these guys, but it would be mostly based off trying to save the seat rather than kicking these corrupt clowns to the curb. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »

but it would be mostly based off trying to save the seat rather than kicking these corrupt clowns to the curb. 

Well, I want the corrupt members out because I don't want to see these people running our country but I really want to save these seats.
Conan
conan

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:30:22 PM »

Supposedly there might be something with LoBiondo here in NJ in regards to Abramoff too that will widen.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »

I certainly admire your willingness to stand up to this corruption, Phil, but it's hard for the GOP to make a clean break away from the influence of big money and lobbyists like Abramoff. They'd basically have to completely reinvent their image and what they are all about.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »

Supposedly there might be something with LoBiondo here in NJ in regards to Abramoff too that will widen.

You're joking, right?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 02:29:54 PM »

Let's grow some balls and stop letting the Dems tell people we are corrupt and we just go along.  Tom DeLay is the only man who ever did this and they forced him out.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »

Let's grow some balls and stop letting the Dems tell people we are corrupt and we just go along.  Tom DeLay is the only man who ever did this and they forced him out.

Tom Delay was corrupt......
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 03:00:19 PM »

Ummm no..., he was pursued by a partisan prosecutor, he didn't actually do anything wrong
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 03:20:33 PM »

Ummm no..., he was pursued by a partisan prosecutor, he didn't actually do anything wrong

oh dear
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 04:09:30 PM »

Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 12:46:04 AM »

Well said, Phil.  Very wise words.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies