Swearing in Ceremony for Gustaf and Supersoulty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:43:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Swearing in Ceremony for Gustaf and Supersoulty
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swearing in Ceremony for Gustaf and Supersoulty  (Read 2296 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2004, 02:28:49 PM »
« edited: July 04, 2004, 02:32:04 PM by SCJ KEmperor »

Will the President and Vice President please recite the following oath in accordance with the Constution:

I ________ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of (President or Vice President), and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 07:57:54 PM »

Looks like they're late for the inauguration.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 08:32:29 PM »

Looks like they're late for the inauguration.

Must be the holiday traffic.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 02:48:32 AM »

In keeping with tradition, I shall go first:

I Christopher James Soult do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 02:50:50 AM »

In keeping with tradition, I shall go first:

I Christopher James Soult do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave.

Hooray!  Finally, the executive branch is not totally vacant.  I suppose technically, you are acting President until Gustaf gets here, but we'd have to check with the Supreme Court to be sure.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 03:25:20 PM »

Wait, wait, I'm here! Smiley Just got home... Wink

I Gustaf Lundgren do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave.  
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 03:27:05 PM »

Hooray! We have our new president!

Where's the inaugural speech Gustaf? Cheesy
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 03:35:36 PM »

Hooray! We have our new president!

Where's the inaugural speech Gustaf? Cheesy

Oh, that... Roll Eyes I have been very busy lately...I will start writing one now and post as soon as I'm done I guess... Smiley
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 03:36:11 PM »

Congrats.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 03:57:30 PM »

My fellow Atlasians. Today marks a glorious day in Forum history, namely the first peaceful and democratic transfer of executive power we have experienced. This is because you, the voters, chose me in the election two weeks ago. This was a sign of confidence which I deeply appreciated. It showed that the Atlas Forum is not afraid of change and not afraid to move into the future with new ideas and new leadership. But more importantly the election also proved the political maturity of the electorate. All of the candidates ran good, clean races and for this I wish to comment my opponents. We introduced new parties and also a new voting system, alien to most of our citizens. However, most mastered this and turnout was reasonably high. The ability of Forum politics to survive all the problems we have encountered has amazed me, and for this we can all congratulate ourselves. I will present a cabinet as soon as I have one ready. There are a number of fine people available and many factors will have to be taken into consideration. I have no doubt however that the eventual members will be honest, dedicated Atlasians who will continue the work of the out-going cabinet for the best of the Forum, regardless of party affiliation.

There has been a lot of turbulence on the political front, with several different parties emerging and then returning into oblivion again. This is a sign of dedicated and active voters and I sincerely welcome it. We have a healthy and vibrant political climate and for this we should be grateful. There is however some signs of partisanship going to extreme lengths where some seem more concerned about power struggles between certain parties and individuals rather than the issues and beliefs that should be the prime factor in political alliances. I hope that my administration can work towards uniting the Forum and help us all stand above petty conflicts.

So, today we embark on four months under a new administration. The Nym90 administration was not a bad one, as is proved by the recent polling on voter approval of it. However, I believe that this change was for the better and that the progress in our political system will be continued and pursued even more successfully in the four months that now lie ahead of us. Several bills are before the senate and more will have to be proposed. Our decision making process could still be improved and I look forward to working with the senate on this. Thank you all, good night and Dave bless the Atlas Forum.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 03:57:50 PM »

Thank you. Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 04:07:41 PM »

I nominate the loser of the race to replace Texasgurl for a suitable position in the new Cabinet.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 04:37:54 PM »

Speaking of which, when will you reveal your choices for cabinet?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 05:25:45 PM »

Speaking of which, when will you reveal your choices for cabinet?

Actually, several spots have already been decided on, but I won't announce until all of them have been confirmed. But don't worry... Smiley
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 07:38:38 PM »

Congratulations Mr. president, I know you will be a great like Washington and Lincoln (and Hoover Smiley )
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 09:21:07 PM »

Congrats President Gustaf.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 01:21:24 AM »

(While Pres. Ludgren is shaking hands, Secret Service hauls Vice President Soult and his wife to an undisclosed location where they will not emerge from until the next campaign or if a statesman dies)   Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 01:45:00 AM »

I am not sure if cabinet members need to take the oath.  I will, just in case.

I John Douglas Ford do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Secretary of Defense, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies