Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:01:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 314
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 223934 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: October 08, 2023, 10:29:07 AM »

A couple of explosions and missile trails from planes flying overhead on the live cam.

Gaza City Live Cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpeB4A9rTFE

Gaza turning their lights on in the streets. They certainly have some level of electricity as night falls.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #851 on: October 08, 2023, 10:30:21 AM »

Hamas is not the only one doing everything. Each group has their own expertise, experience, and manpower that made this become a reality. One kicker was when PIJ threw more rockets than during the prior 2014 war to expose one element of this war. Shame that the experiences in Syria and the fighting of the past decade in Palestine are all in Arabic or Hebrew and don’t get translated in English.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #852 on: October 08, 2023, 10:31:57 AM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #853 on: October 08, 2023, 10:35:29 AM »

Who in their right mind would vacation in a warzone?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2023, 10:35:42 AM »

Israel is specifically telling people where to go to avoid bombings.

Citation needed, because I only see calls to leave one's building or Gaza entirely (from Netanyahu).
False. There are maps asking the residents of perimeter neighbourhoods to move to the inner city. Hopefully in due time we’ll reach the inner city and then they’ll be directed to Sinai

You want to expel them?
No. We warn them to  off from soon to be battlegrounds
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #855 on: October 08, 2023, 10:37:21 AM »

[
In other words: Hamas slaughtered hundreds of innocents, but it’s business as normal for us so we’re going to keep lying about Israel.

The statement is longer has nothing to do with your interpretation. Either you are being disingenous, or you have some reading comprehension issues
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #856 on: October 08, 2023, 10:38:37 AM »

I’m going to be generous and assume this isn’t some sick form of gloating, but comparing Israel proper to a warzone because it was surprise attacked is like asking why people would work in the warzone of New York after 9/11.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #857 on: October 08, 2023, 10:39:40 AM »

I saw that KhanOfKhans. Base anti-semitism. “Your people already made it out of the Sinai once, so they can do it again.”
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #858 on: October 08, 2023, 10:40:54 AM »

Full statement that KhanOfKhans deleted from memory

“Maybe we should send you to Sinai instead. Your people already made it out of the Sinai once, so they can do it again.”
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #859 on: October 08, 2023, 10:41:34 AM »

I saw that KhanOfKhans. Base anti-semitism. “Your people already made it out of the Sinai once, so they can do it again.”

I removed it of my own accord because of that very reason. It was a childish and uncalled for insult, though your silence on Hnv1’s calls for genocide are deafening, likely because of your own support for the same.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #860 on: October 08, 2023, 10:41:59 AM »

In other words: Hamas slaughtered hundreds of innocents, but it’s business as normal for us

did you even actually read the post??

"Hamas's attack and the events unfolding since yesterday are unspeakable"; "cruel and criminal actions"

nothing they said is wrong, Israel's misplaced security priorities have directly led to their current security failure and complete inability to prevent the slaughter and capture of many innocent lives

believe it or not, it's entirely possible to be outraged at the atrocities committed by Hamas while also critically examining the context in which they occurred, what went wrong, what factors created the environment where something so unthinkable could have occurred. One does not preclude the other.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #861 on: October 08, 2023, 10:42:17 AM »

I removed it of my own accord because of that very reason. It was a childish and uncalled for insult, though your silence on Hnv1’s calls for genocide are deafening, likely because of your own support for the same.

It wasn’t childish, it was anti-semitic and bigoted.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #862 on: October 08, 2023, 10:43:19 AM »

In other words: Hamas slaughtered hundreds of innocents, but it’s business as normal for us

did you even actually read the post??

"Hamas's attack and the events unfolding since yesterday are unspeakable"; "cruel and criminal actions"

nothing they said is wrong, Israel's misplaced security priorities have directly led to their current security failure and complete inability to prevent the slaughter and capture of many innocent lives

believe it or not, it's entirely possible to be outraged at the atrocities committed by Hamas while also critically examining the context in which they occurred, what went wrong, what factors created the environment where something so unthinkable could have occurred. One does not preclude the other.

Yeah and then they return to attacking Israel again. In other words:

Normally: attack Israel
When Hamas attacks Israel: attack Israel
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #863 on: October 08, 2023, 10:43:53 AM »

I’m going to be generous and assume this isn’t some sick form of gloating, but comparing Israel proper to a warzone because it was surprise attacked is like asking why people would work in the warzone of New York after 9/11.
Difference is that there isn’t an insurgency in NYC or near NYC with the chance of spilling over.

Full statement that KhanOfKhans deleted from memory

“Maybe we should send you to Sinai instead. Your people already made it out of the Sinai once, so they can do it again.”
There needs to be a multilateral agreement to not be an @$$hole to one another. Hnv1 not being the bigger person is violence and perpetuates the cycle of hatred
Birdish
Bartlet2002
United States

« Reply #864 on: October 08, 2023, 10:46:37 AM »

I've seen multiple statements from officials calling for mediation and peace talks. But in what world would Israel ever agree to peace talks after yesterday? They're not going to stop until every aspect of Hamas has been completely removed from the strip. The chance of a two state solution was almost 0 before yesterday, now I'll be shocked if any form of government exists in Gaza in a month.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #865 on: October 08, 2023, 10:46:44 AM »

It wasn’t childish, it was anti-semitic and bigoted.

You’re correct, it was wrong and I apologize.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #866 on: October 08, 2023, 10:47:12 AM »

Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #867 on: October 08, 2023, 10:49:50 AM »

I've seen multiple statements from officials calling for mediation and peace talks. But in what world would Israel ever agree to peace talks after yesterday? They're not going to stop until every aspect of Hamas has been completely removed from the strip. The chance of a two state solution was almost 0 before yesterday, now I'll be shocked if any form of government exists in Gaza in a month.

It’s like suggesting peace talks between the US and Al Qaeda after 9/11, it’s just a nonsensical idea.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #868 on: October 08, 2023, 11:00:51 AM »

Apparently there is fighting in the area of Abu Dis, east of Jerusalem.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #869 on: October 08, 2023, 11:02:26 AM »

Yeah and then they return to attacking Israel again. In other words:

Normally: attack Israel
When Hamas attacks Israel: attack Israel

i am now convinced you are incapable of basic reasoning skills and therefore my good-faith efforts to engage with you are entirely wasted.

You have made no meaningful contributions to this thread, and your posts have on several occasions been so bad that they completely derailed the actual conversation about current events.

I don't usually do this... but you are now the one and only person on my ignore list. I strongly encourage others to do the same: this person has nothing of value to contribute, it's a waste of time when he baits you to respond, and we're all better off not feeding the troll
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #870 on: October 08, 2023, 11:02:58 AM »

It was not a warzone two days ago you sick ghoul. I suppose some of them were wearing revealing skirts too.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #871 on: October 08, 2023, 11:05:08 AM »

It was not a warzone two days ago you sick ghoul. I suppose some of them were wearing revealing skirts too.
It’s not that far from a country Israel is at war with.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #872 on: October 08, 2023, 11:05:15 AM »

The DSA should seriously cancel the pro-Palestinian protests they set up in NYC tomorrow. The optics of holding rallies where your waving Palestinian flags and giving speeches condemning Israel when this stuff is coming out could do irreversible harm to leftists movements in the West
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #873 on: October 08, 2023, 11:06:15 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2023, 11:17:43 AM by Hash »

I see a fair degree of the posters here who fail to understand context. I said I hope the civilian population with move to Sinai as I hoped we would topple Hamas and I don't want them in the crossfire. Not that I want them permanently banished.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #874 on: October 08, 2023, 11:07:00 AM »

Like 2009 and 2014, the real ones know what’s up
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 314  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies