Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:51:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 ... 313
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 221727 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7325 on: May 17, 2024, 11:19:18 PM »

Netanyahu's hands get redder every time more of the hostages turn up dead. Not as red as Hamas's, at least not in this particular way, but redder.

He can't leave soon enough, but I'm not convinced that Hamas didn't just kill the remaining hostages after the first cease-fire broke down.

Agreed, I think that’s pretty likely
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7326 on: May 17, 2024, 11:44:03 PM »

The "Joe Biden is Hamas" lady now blaming us for the dead hostages. We are so hostile that just the other day the House passed a bill making military funding contingent on Israel spending, placing Israel's security above our own, yet still most of Israeli society thinks we're horrible. Why is this? How much more of a sugar daddy must we be before this country is finally thankful?

How many times are you going to pretend this joke of a failed politician turned pundit is worthy of a diplomatic incident with a nuclear ally?

For those who don't get it, Caroline Glick is a far-right columnist and social media figure, not an Israeli official. This would be like France expelling the US ambassador over Rush Limbaugh insulting them during the Iraq War.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7327 on: May 18, 2024, 12:58:34 AM »

The "Joe Biden is Hamas" lady now blaming us for the dead hostages. We are so hostile that just the other day the House passed a bill making military funding contingent on Israel spending, placing Israel's security above our own, yet still most of Israeli society thinks we're horrible. Why is this? How much more of a sugar daddy must we be before this country is finally thankful?

How many times are you going to pretend this joke of a failed politician turned pundit is worthy of a diplomatic incident with a nuclear ally?

For those who don't get it, Caroline Glick is a far-right columnist and social media figure, not an Israeli official. This would be like France expelling the US ambassador over Rush Limbaugh insulting them during the Iraq War.

Rush had serious reach for his time. And many of his views were and are still reflected across the American right today, from high level politicians on down. Now imagine that but in a country where the right's base is made up of young religious radicals and not old boomers. Future isn't looking too great huh?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7328 on: May 18, 2024, 04:03:51 AM »

Also, Israel says those three people were murdered on October 7 and Hamas took the bodies with them. Remember they have swapped human remains for live prisoners before.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7329 on: May 18, 2024, 08:06:38 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2024, 08:15:41 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Also, Israel says those three people were murdered on October 7 and Hamas took the bodies with them. Remember they have swapped human remains for live prisoners before.

I think Shani was alive in some of the videos on Oct 7.

There are heaps of photos going around of Palestinian militants standing proud on murdered and raped Israeli's on Oct 7.

The Palestinian militants were sharing their murder-rape-athon on social media with each other. One of the things Muslims do to Jewish women in these raids is they cut their breasts off. I don't understand it, but it happened in the 1930's when Muslim radicals were driving Jews out of northern Africa.

Even though they are outrageous, they appear to have committed historically repeated acts of violence.

It's gruesome and depraved. I can see why the rest of the planet has rocked up to protect Israel.

The whole history of the Jews retreating to Israel is a nasty episode.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7330 on: May 18, 2024, 09:10:44 AM »

I think Shani was alive in some of the videos on Oct 7.

There are heaps of photos going around of Palestinian militants standing proud on murdered and raped Israeli's on Oct 7.

The Palestinian militants were sharing their murder-rape-athon on social media with each other. One of the things Muslims do to Jewish women in these raids is they cut their breasts off. I don't understand it, but it happened in the 1930's when Muslim radicals were driving Jews out of northern Africa.

Even though they are outrageous, they appear to have committed historically repeated acts of violence.

It's gruesome and depraved. I can see why the rest of the planet has rocked up to protect Israel.

The whole history of the Jews retreating to Israel is a nasty episode.
the entirety of Jewish history can be summarized in "Jew got Genocided flee to new location and repeat" that why pretty much almost the entire Jewish population is either located in Israel or the united states, Israel because it the safest place to be a Jew and the united states since compared to a lot country there haven't been a single genocide against them in the Usa.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7331 on: May 18, 2024, 11:17:12 AM »

I would actually say that North America is *the* safest area in the world to be Jewish, though I do get the "safety in numbers" argument for Israel. Europe is also mostly not bad, most of the time.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7332 on: May 18, 2024, 11:22:36 AM »

I would actually say that North America is *the* safest area in the world to be Jewish, though I do get the "safety in numbers" argument for Israel. Europe is also mostly not bad, most of the time.
True but europe?
say that to a jew pre-1945 hell actually no pre-1991 since the soviets were pretty anti-semitic
Europe have been possibly one of the most unsafes places to be jewish before the 21st century and even now it starting to look like with the increasing hate crimes against jews, this chapter of jewish safeness in europe will just be a weird few decade blip for europe if it continue at this rate
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7333 on: May 18, 2024, 11:31:38 AM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 10:35:11 AM by CumbrianLefty »

Of course I am aware of Europe's history, but I am talking of the present day.

Unfortunately, certain grifters do like to pretend a few pro-Palestinian protests are some sort of mortal threat on a par with the 1930s.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7334 on: May 18, 2024, 11:47:19 AM »

The way I would put it is that the US is the safest place to be a Jew while Israel is the most secure.

We might be historically safe here, but we're also keenly aware that we're always one bad election from not being safe - not just on a national level, but on a city-wide or state-wide election level. Things can go downhill very quickly - Brandon Johnson's election in Chicago essentially turning the place into a safe zone for the most extreme pro-Palestinian protests is a mild example, while Mark Robinson potentially becoming Governor of North Carolina is a more extreme one.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7335 on: May 18, 2024, 04:25:10 PM »

are gantz and gallant withdrawing from the War Cabinet?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7336 on: May 18, 2024, 06:14:14 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2024, 06:57:40 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

Josh Breslow from FOX sounds exactly like Mikey Day from SNL.

Fox News

70 Strikes on Gaza Yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJqir-Kdm28

Discussion of the 130 hostages. American and Israeli families must have given up hope now that their loved ones are still alive.

Israeli's are not dealing with a normal situation. The reminder of the massacre of 1,200 people on October 7 through the discussion of hostages keeps this war in the "white hot" stage. Thinking 3-6 months ahead when they realise nearly all 130 are dead, I cannot see the temperature or hatred decreasing in intensity.

Are there really only 4,000 remaining Hamas militants left in Rafah? Only one way to find out according to John Bolton.

Times Radio

Interview with John Bolton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrghpOUBac

John has a more simple solution to the invasion of Rafah to weed out the terrorists.

Israel are still hell bent on making sure the Palestinian militants don't resurface as a free-moving organisation within Gaza.

Interview with Benjamin Netanyahu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-sICNOmqvo

He is not changing course on Gaza one centimetre.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7337 on: May 18, 2024, 08:33:12 PM »

Anyone who seriously uses John Bolton as an authority on foreign policy is not worth listening to. Screw that man and everything he stands for,.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7338 on: May 19, 2024, 10:25:45 AM »

are gantz and gallant withdrawing from the War Cabinet?

Only threatening to at this point?
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #7339 on: May 19, 2024, 03:49:38 PM »

Crickets from the Western media.

Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7340 on: May 19, 2024, 03:52:40 PM »

The despicable tankie is lying, as he does professionally, while also minimizing the victims of the 10/7 genocide. Once again, you should be ashamed of yourself for platforming these vile individuals.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7341 on: May 19, 2024, 07:04:57 PM »

I don't know how controversial this is for me to say, but it's how I feel so I'll say it anyway, I find it really hard if not outright impossible to feel bad for Israel given the fact that they still have Netanyahu in charge. Obviously I feel bad for human beings that are suffering but there's no excuse for Israel allowing this guy to be in charge for as long as he has.

It's to the point, and I've said this many times before, that I would support a complete and 100% halt on all aid (including humanitarian aid) to Israel until a reasonable person is in charge. It's time for the civilized world to force this man to step aside or else get rid of him by any means necessary.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7342 on: May 19, 2024, 08:49:16 PM »

This dude is a tankie apologist for the Chinese, Russian, Iranian, and Syrian governments who claims that the Syrian government’s use of chemical weapons is a hoax, has been denying the existence of China’s genocide against the Uyghurs, refers to Israelis as “Judeo-Nazis,” has compared Israel to ISIS, and made numerous false claims to minimize the 10/7 massacre including suggesting that it may’ve been an Israeli false-flag operation.  He’s not a remotely credible sources, but it says a lot about you that you seem to think he is.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #7343 on: May 19, 2024, 08:58:11 PM »

This dude is a tankie apologist for the Chinese, Russian, Iranian, and Syrian governments who claims that the Syrian government’s use of chemical weapons is a hoax, has been denying the existence of China’s genocide against the Uyghurs, refers to Israelis as “Judeo-Nazis,” has compared Israel to ISIS, and made numerous false claims to minimize the 10/7 massacre including suggesting that it may’ve been an Israeli false-flag operation.  He’s not a remotely credible sources, but it says a lot about you that you seem to think he is.

Is anyone who condemns the genocide in Gaza suddenly a tankie apologist or antisemitist?

You even called Amnesty International antisemitist... Or Jeremy Corbyn or Rashida Tlaib.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7344 on: May 19, 2024, 09:02:11 PM »

Netanyahu's hands get redder every time more of the hostages turn up dead. Not as red as Hamas's, at least not in this particular way, but redder.

Netanyahu never cared for the hostages, he just used them to legitimize genocide.

If he cared about the hostages, there would have been peace by now.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7345 on: May 19, 2024, 09:04:41 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 09:10:37 PM by LAKISYLVANIA »

Was reading about this conflict yesterday combined with Russia-Ukraine from a geopolitical perspective and what this does to "rules-based order". Here's my amateur armchair geopolitical take on what Netanyahu's grand goal in this is:

Netanyahu has stated complete elimination of Hamas is his goal, that cannot be achieved in my opinion for the same reasons the U.S. discovered carrying out the Afghan and Iraq wars against their own asymmetrical opponents. Therefore, Netanyahu's real goal in my opinion is to keep the conflict going until November. If the war is still going in November, it's a salient issue and Biden is put into a tough spot of any hard position he takes will be opposed by people that should be voting for him. In the event of a Trump victory, a new Trump administration would probably agree to Israel setting up a buffer zone in northern Gaza manned by Israeli military a la the Golan Heights with Syria. The buffer zone would be large enough to prevent Hamas incursions into Israel via underground tunnels or tube artillery. This would be almost universally condemned everywhere else, but Israel have clearly made the calculation that as long as the U.S. has their backs, no one else matters.

The future with a Biden victory in November is less clear, but I see Biden's clear both sides-ism he's displaying currently completely disappearing once the election is over, probably to drive harder bargains with Netanyahu. However, pro-Israel post-November will still have a clear majority in Congress regardless of election results, and I think that drives some of Netanyahu's calculus in U.S. relations is he knows Biden is outvoted by Congress, could maybe even override a veto, if a near 50/50 body you only need a third of Democrats to override a potential Biden veto.

I honestly think that one of the reasons he's dragging this out is because it hurts Biden politically. Once Trump wins, he will have free licence to do what he wants, no limits.

Netanyahu doesn’t care who wins in 2024, he just wants to keep power and stay out of prison.  Everything he does should be viewed through that lens.

Yeah, I also don't think he particularly trusts Trump, nor should he. Trump apparently holds a grudge against him over him refusing to acknowledge the fake election results.

Trump is way more likely to agree to a Golan Heights-style buffer zone in Gazan territory than Biden would. If Biden agreed to it, he'd be LBJ-level dead for segments of the party and his support internationally would dissipate highly (I know Gaza is not a state like Ukraine is, but while this Israel-Gaza War has exposed American geopolitical hypocrisy some, it'd be Biden endorsing in this instance what we are condemning Russia is doing in Ukraine). Trump unlike Biden doesn't give a sh*t and it'd be popular with his supporters.

I just get the feeling we'll see a redux of 1980 and Iran and either on November 6th, 2024, or on January 21st, 2025, Israel will announce a stop to active military operations. I can't discount American domestic politics from decision-making Israel is doing in this conflict.

This seems likely to happen at this point. I really think Netanyahu is dragging this out to drag Biden down.

(on top of staying in power himself)

It's just ironic how half the red avatars on this forum basically have been cheering and defending the thing that cannot be defended and that will ultimately cause them to lose 2024 to the man they fear most, and play into Netanyahus hands. It's not just the elderly who have horrible political instincts...

In most other countries, the left - even center-left - is anti-genocide and pro-peace. This is what makes USA culturally different from Europe and rest of the world. The Democratic Party as a whole is not representive of the left. The only people worthy of being called left-wing are the students who protest genocide and a few brave people in congress or in extraparliamentary opposition.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7346 on: May 19, 2024, 09:14:48 PM »

Max Blumenthal LOL.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-grayzone/
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7347 on: May 19, 2024, 09:18:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/10/middleeast/israel-sde-teiman-detention-whistleblowers-intl-cmd/index.html

If this source is credible, this would be extremely concerning and reminiscent of what the US did during the War on Terror. While I'll continue to support Israel's right to defend itself and exist, it's clear that Netanyahu has got to go and be replaced by someone who respects the dignity and human rights of Palestinian civilians.

That's what we've been saying for basically months now, almost a year now. And it has been ignored.

It's good to see more people finally waking up.

But...

I mean South Africa introduced their genocide case in early january already. I think part of why some people are realizing it so late is ignorance, unwillingness to learn and educate about the conflict and multiple perspectives.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7348 on: May 19, 2024, 11:26:46 PM »

Is anyone who condemns the genocide in Gaza suddenly a tankie apologist or antisemitist?

You even called Amnesty International antisemitist... Or Jeremy Corbyn or Rashida Tlaib.

1) What’s happening in Gaza is objectively not a genocide.  Words have meaning.  This is simply a statement of fact. 

2) I have called them anti-Semitic and I stand by that. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7349 on: May 20, 2024, 06:04:20 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 ... 313  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies