TX-4: Hall gets Primary challenge from former Frisco Mayor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:43:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-4: Hall gets Primary challenge from former Frisco Mayor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-4: Hall gets Primary challenge from former Frisco Mayor  (Read 678 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2007, 10:25:32 AM »

Former Frisco Mayor Kathy Seei announced last week she will challenge Congressman Ralph Hall in next year's GOP primary. "I have a very strong sense this is the year I'm supposed to run ... This is more about me and my desire to serve than anything about Congressman Hall," she explained to the Dallas Morning News. "She's a nice lady, and she was a good mayor," responded Hall, who said he doesn't understand why Seei is challenging him as he believes she agrees with him on most issues. Hall, 83, says he intends to seek re-election to a 15th term in 2008. "I like what I'm doing. I want to go ahead and finish it," said Hall. A conservative Democrat, Hall switched to Republican on the last day of candidate filing in 2004. Some speculate that Hall was planning to retire and Seei wants to get a jump on what will likely be a crowded field. However, Seei's early start -- and stepping on Hall's toes in the process -- may just force Hall to seek one more term.

http://www.politics1.com/
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »

At least she openly admits to being nothing more than a power-seeker.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:51:03 AM »

It has long been thought that Ralph Hall's son, Brett Hall, who's a Republican District Judge in Rockwell County would be the heir apparent to the Ralph Hall seat when he retired.

As such, my guess is that he runs for re-election and this challenger will be beaten pretty easily.

Naturally, Democrats have no shot in this suburban Dallas district, but we knew that anyway.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies