Describe (In all seriousness) the American Presidency of the preceding poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Describe (In all seriousness) the American Presidency of the preceding poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe (In all seriousness) the American Presidency of the preceding poster  (Read 5732 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: May 01, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »

Wins the Presidency by a bare margain of electoral votes, and possibly loses the popular vote.

His Presidency is undermined by his rabid partisanship and lack of ability to get Democrat or Independant support for his domestic agenda, and his bellicose stance of foreign policy causes massive protests and collapses his administration from the inside out.

He loses his re-election bid, after putting up a brave fight.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:25:55 PM »

As a General, and moderate Southern Democrat, he starts his primary battle as a dark horse, but quickly weeds through the opposing candidates to take on a much more conservative Republican with a low approval rating.

He's swept into office, but his oft hawkish stances drain a weary population. Dispite domestic happiness, his hawkish war policy causes strain, and he is narrowly defeated for re-election.

He later becomes one of America's most respected millitary commentators, and does a far better job of being his successor's strongest critic, and one of the factors in his Vice President's election four years later.

He is well remembered, but considered an average and sometimes above President who deserved two terms.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:07:45 AM »

I can't remember if I did yours or not, so I'll just go with this:

Elected winning the electoral, but losing the popular vote. He is derided as a lame duck during his Presidency, and no matter what his agenda, it fails in Congress. He is defeated in his party's primary by a better candidate (Possibly a forumer... For fun, I'm just going to pick one out of the hat and say Colin)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:30:13 PM »

FTR, I would be just like Theodore Roosevelt... He hated the name Teddy... I hate the name Larry.

I also sense Joe hates me, lol.

Joe Republic was given little to no chance of winning the White House when he announced as an independant alternative to the current candidates, both bland and uninspiring individuals. Much like Ross Perot had, he soon took the lead in the polls, but unlike Ross, he didn't drop out and drop back in. He was elected President by a narrow margain. Unfortunately for him, his first two years were bitter disappointments. Democrats and Republicans alike would cause him problems, and cause Joe constant headaches. Nothing he did could pass before midterms, however, he came out of that with a victory when Senators and Congressmen loyal to his agenda came to power.

The rest of his first term was uneventful and he passed decent legislation. Inflation was fairly high, but low unemployment often offset the difference. Re-elected over a charismatic Democrat and iconic Republican, Joe had much more success in his second term. Inflation fell, and the economy picked up a huge boost. However, not all was well, as political opponents strengthend and attacked Joe for, oddly enough, the good he was doing. His loyal congress was swept out of power, and thusly, it made it more difficult for him to get his agenda through, and so he flatly gave up on a real focus and either signed or vetoed legislation based on his political opinions.

Clearly tired of the office after two terms, he retired to his home where he would ocassionally write political fiction and non-fiction. He would be remembered as a good President who had the rug pulled out from under him in the end, and would thus rank somewhere between 10-15.

See, isn't it better to be nice, Joe? lol. Tongue
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 06:38:16 PM »

Nuh uh, you'll notice that very few of the bad things in my version of your presidency were really your fault. Wink

Anyway, thank you for my positive write-up. Smiley

(Next person skip me.)

Yeah, I noticed... Once I re-read it, lol... Now you can do a positive one, that way, I can have one of each... I'll do a negative one for you, if you want to make it fair... lol... Wink
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 12:04:41 AM »

I did a mean one on Naso last time, so to be fair, I'll do something nicer...

Mike Naso was elected Governor of Ohio and served four years as a staunch conservative. Dispite a lack of magnetisim, he won over Republican primary voters with his hawkish stance, when the nation was in the mood for a fight, after a terrorist attack in Boston.

Naso promises the American public a tough policy on the offenders and cruises to victory in a Republican year. Early foreign sucesses help him keep the Republican majority at midterm. The economy does a nose dive, however, and his focus must shift.

Through extraordinary luck, he manages to win a bare re-election, but it's enough to give him more time to work on the sputtering economy. With troops coming home in his sixth year in office, he can now devote all of his energies to the economy.

However, unemployment and inflation, as well as the heightened rich-poor divide skyrocket... There's nothing Naso can do to save his second term (Much like Grover Cleveland). His first term is fondly remembered, but his second is regarded as disasterous to his reputation.

He retires from office to see a Democrat beat his Vice President. He lives in wealthy retirement, regarded as a foreign policy expert, he is often sought after for advice from many Presidents until his death, some years later.

See, I even came up with a nice one for Naso... Now my conscience feels better about that mean one I did of him earlier, lol.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 02:25:33 PM »

Kevin begins his career in the House and works his way until he gets to the Vice Presidency after 12 years of House service. Unexpectedly, the President resigns citing health reasons, and Kevin comes in unexpectedly. Steering the nation through two  years of moderate government, he succeeds in getting nominated himself, defeating his Democratic opponent by a healthy margain thanks to a great economy and peace abroad.

Kevin's own term is a bit more radical. His somewhat ill-concieved budget however sends the United States into huge debt. To compensate, he does the only thing he can do. He raises taxes slightly, which proves to be initially unpopular, but a good descision in the long run. Then, a terror threat of bombing several random cities and events sends the nation into panic. President Kevin deals with the situation as best he can, and eventually the suspects are brought to justice.

He decides not to run for another term, though he is able to. He retires from the White House, only to return to Congress, and his beloved House to serve in the post in which he'd dreamed of initially... Speaker.

Kevin would go on to serve as House Speaker through five more Presidents until his death at age 78.

(See, I even take it past the term of President... Some of you who are more gifted writers should try that as well...)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies