President Bush's veto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:31:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Bush's veto
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should he have announced why he vetoed it?
Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: President Bush's veto  (Read 896 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:00:08 PM »

My Rep. friend said he just should've vetoed it w/o the big press conf.  I agree - regardless of how you feel of the veto itself, vote.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »

I don't think he should have vetoed it at all, so I don't really know how to vote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »

Yeah but it doesn't seem to matter anyway. He can explain how he feels a million times to the American people but a clear majority of our fellow countrymen don't seem to care why he feels that way anymore.
nlm
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 07:21:47 AM »

Yeah but it doesn't seem to matter anyway. He can explain how he feels a million times to the American people but a clear majority of our fellow countrymen don't seem to care why he feels that way anymore.

You only get to be the boy who cried wolf so many times.

How many times has he said "we are making progress in Iraq" in some fashion or another? How many times can he talk about the "terrorists following us home" when most people know the terrorists want to come here regardless of if we are in Iraq or not? How many pre-war statements by the administration and their supporters have come home to rooste? How many times can he imply that supporting the mission and supporting the troops is the same thing? How many times can he pretend that the generals on the ground determine what the mission is as opposed to determining what the strategy used to effect the goals of the mission are?

Individual perspective of these things will vary (and you can argue till you are blue in the face that every single thing he has said is justified but it will not matter at this point, and most most people will think you are intellectually challenged or dishonest as well if you try) - but they have added up to the point where enough people in this country just don't care what is coming out of this Presidents mouth - and he really doesn't have anybody to blame for that except himself.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »

Exactly. Clinton was being impeached and his approval rating shot to the highest of his presidency. Nixon was about to be impeached...it was at 24%. If Bush were to be impeached, you damn well know his approval rating wouldn't shoot up to 70%...it would be 5%!

The American Public forgets how tough this stuff is. Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have no say once it hit the President's desk. Let's just do our best to support our troops and continue the mission.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »

Let's just do our best to support our troops
I think that would be bringing them home
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 11:37:49 PM »

Exactly. Clinton was being impeached and his approval rating shot to the highest of his presidency. Nixon was about to be impeached...it was at 24%. If Bush were to be impeached, you damn well know his approval rating wouldn't shoot up to 70%...it would be 5%!

Clearly, the American people have a liberal bias.
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 04:05:17 AM »

No, he shouldn't have explained why he vetoed.  We all know his reasons, and a clear majority of us disagree.  He can keep explaining all he wants, but all his obstinance is doing is fracturing the Republican party, and guaranteeing the Dems another sweep in 2008.  Unfortunately, those good things will happen at the heavy expense of more lives, in a failed war.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies