Will Demographic Change ship Elections to the Dems? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:38:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will Demographic Change ship Elections to the Dems? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Demographic Change ship Elections to the Dems?
Yes

No(Reps)

No(Ind)

to hard to tell

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Will Demographic Change ship Elections to the Dems?  (Read 5331 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: May 10, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »

Not in the long run. What they will do is make the US less protestant, more catholic(less opposition to welfare for one), less christian in general and make the US get over its lingering race issues(the boomers are the generation STILL refighting old civil rights battles).

You may be right on the last comment, but the other three are hilariously wrong, even with today's standards.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 05:13:51 PM »

The direct and intentional actions of the Republican party in California are in large part responsible for its in ability to break say 44-45% in most CA elections.

No it's the national party's fault for obsession over Jesus and what he would think about gay marriage and abortion. The state party, led by the Governator, understands how much the fundies are screwing his party.

Strange thing is that principle works in entirely the opposite way with Texas and New Mexico Hispanics and Colorado/Florida Hispanics to a lesser extent.

Key principle that most people are forgetting is that the Hispanic population acts differently depending on what region of the country you're in.  That's what makes this poll kind of senseless - CA hispanics do not equal US hispanics.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »

The direct and intentional actions of the Republican party in California are in large part responsible for its in ability to break say 44-45% in most CA elections.

No it's the national party's fault for obsession over Jesus and what he would think about gay marriage and abortion. The state party, led by the Governator, understands how much the fundies are screwing his party.

Strange thing is that principle works in entirely the opposite way with Texas and New Mexico Hispanics and Colorado/Florida Hispanics to a lesser extent.

Key principle that most people are forgetting is that the Hispanic population acts differently depending on what region of the country you're in.  That's what makes this poll kind of senseless - CA hispanics do not equal US hispanics.

So were you agreeing or disagreeing with me? Its been a long day.

You are correct, of course.  Most of it has to do with CARLHAYDEN.

Besides, even in California the Hispanic vote will shade more for abortion restrictions and anti-gay restrictions than the white population in hyper-Republican areas will.  There's an interesting hydraulic going on there in the numbers under the radar.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:08:43 AM »

Sam, do you see some level of this same varied social landscape developing among the black population?  I know that in urban Washington (the best example I know of anything Tongue), black areas are gentrifying and traditional black churches are in the odd position of having to appeal to gay whites.  This is liberalizing the churches and the voters, which is kind of an interesting effect to watch.  On the other hand, in the suburbs here - with a booming black population - they have more access to traditional churches.

Is this effect replicated nationally in any form?

I'm going to be honest and say that I haven't seen anything like that in my travels.  This doesn't mean that in couldn't be happening in specific urban/suburban situations, especially in large, older cities.

In Houston, the old 4th ward underwent a transition from black to white urban, but the city/private companies basically tore down the whole area to create that effect and the black churches simply left.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies