From Today On
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:40:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  From Today On
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: From Today On  (Read 12066 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »

I am angered at how great Ron Paul did, and the nominees make me want to puke.  But interesting
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 05:09:19 PM »

2/15/08: A brief look at the race as it is right now:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

2/19/08: A poltical strategist theorizes that having three New Yorkers on the ballot will help Giuliani because:
1. Iraq is expected to big a big issue
2. Both his opponents oppose Iraq

He expects that Clinton and Bloomberg will split the anti-Iraq New Yorker vote and give Giuliani the lead. He recommends the Clinton try to paint herslf as an Arkansan to help her campaign.

2/20/08: National polling comes out:
Giuliani 39%
Clinton 35%
Bloomberg 15%

2/23/08: Expressing his dissatisfacion for the current field, Gary Johnson announces that he will run for president as a Libertarian.
2/25/08: To Giuliani's chagrin, Arnold Schwarzenegger endorses Mike Bloomberg over him.
2/27/08: Rumor has it that Joe Lieberman has met with 8 congressman about the posibility of forming the "Centrists" in the House of Representatives.
2/28/08: Joe Lieberman appoints Olympia Snowe in charge of helping Centrist candidates win tough races this November, among them being Tim Johnson, Mary Landreiu, and Susan Collins.
3/1/08: After three months of petitioning, Mike Bloomberg will be on the balot in all fifty states.
3/2/08: Joe Lieberman reports that 12 Democratic congressman will switch to the Centrists when the 111th Congress convenes. Mike Bloomberg has discussed with Joe Lieberman the possibility that the election may go to the House, and has been planning for such a scenario.
3/8/08: Ron Paul refuses to support any of the three candidates, and instead endorses Gary Johnson.

To be continued.....
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »

3/12/08: Bad news for Al Franken and John Kerry. Mike Ciresi and Barney Frank won the DFL endorsement and MA primary, respectively. Here are the results for the MA primary:
Frank 50.1%
Kerry 48.9%
Patrick (WI) 0.9%

3/15/08: Following the advice of the political strategist, Clinton makes a speech in Little Rock claiming that she is a "native Arkansan"
3/16/08: Another brief look at the race:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

Clinton 34%
Giuliani 33%
Bloomberg 21%

3/17/08: St. Patrick's Day. All three of the major candidates are in Boston campaigning.
3/20/08: When asked which of the three candidates he would endorse, Bush said he wouldn't lay a role in the election, and wouldn't attand the Republican National Convention.
3/22/08: Bad news for the Clinton campaign. When attending an Iowa fundraiser for his wife, Bill Clinton arrived drunk, and accidentally barfed onto one of the donors. Jokes about Barf Clinton are common.
3/25/08: Bloomberg announces that he will be taking a three week campaign trip. He will be going to CT, NY, NJ, CA, IA, MO, NV, and CO.

To be continued......
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 03:23:30 AM »

I smell a sort of Anti-Dem bias...
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 06:53:48 PM »

Don't worry; within a few updates it should be the other way around.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »

3/28/08: A look at the Senate races:

As you can see, VA is the only Democratic gain so far. Democrats have the edge in CO, NE, and NE, but Republicans have the edge in ME and LA.

4/1/08: Jim Matheson announces that he will run for Senate in Utah's special election.
4/3/08: Polling shows that Republicans will gain 9 congressional seats at this point.
4/5/08: Contrary to what he originally said in January, McCain endorsed Bloomberg.
4/6/08 and 4/7/08: FoxNews conducts interviews with Rudy Giuliani and Mike Bloomberg (Hillary Clinton was invited, but turned down the offer). After the interviews, views were asked who they would rather have as president. The results were startling to the Giuliani campaign:
Bloomberg 62%
Giuliani 32%
Unsure 6%

4/9/08: Two years after his Senate defeat and one month after his Senate pirmary defeat, George Allen announces that he will be working on a documentary about America's problems. The documentary will be released in 2010.
4/11/08: Newt Gingrich asks Allen if he can costar in the documentary.
4/15/08: New polling:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

Clinton 33%
Giuliani 29%
Bloomberg 27%
defe07

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »

I like the way this topic is going. Bloomberg just a few points behind Giuliani and winning important states and still has a chance. How well does Bloomberg do in Florida? Cheesy (I'm from there)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 07:44:52 PM »

I like the way this topic is going. Bloomberg just a few points behind Giuliani and winning important states and still has a chance. How well does Bloomberg do in Florida? Cheesy (I'm from there)

I will be updating this sometime this week.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »

4/18/08: Scandal comes for the Giuliani campaign as both of his ex-wives announce their support for Hillary Clinton.
4/20/08: Joe Lieberman makes a speech at Harvard University concerning bipartisanship. He bitterly criticizes Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani during his speech, and complements Bloomberg for his middle-of-the-road campaign. Here is his approval ratings:

CT Voters:
Approve  71%
Disapprove 19%

National Voters:
Approve 54%
Disapprove 38%

4/24/08: Giuliani receives even more criticism for his ad depicting citizens in the Clinton presidency as clone soldiers.
4/25/08: Giuliani's campaign is scared further when President Bush hinted that he would endorse Giuliani.
4/27/08: After a corruption scnadal from June of last year, Ted Stevens resigns from Congress.
4/29/08: Sarah Palin announces that she will not run for Stevens' seat. She says that she will appoint Sean Parnell to hold the seat until the election.
5/2/08: Belatedly, Giuliani offcially apoligizes for the gaffes of the past two weeks.

To be continued...
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »

5/5/08: Some recent polling:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

Bloomberg 31%
Clinton 27%
Giuliani 21%

5/7/08: BREAKING NEWS: A terrorist attack has happened on a San Francisco trolley car today as suspected terrorist Mohammed al-Faruni suicide-bombed himself. 36 people were killed in the incident, with another 21 injured.
5/8/08: Gavin Newsom makes a speech about the attack. He commemorates the people who deid in the attack, but said that Bush cannot be doing a good job in foreign policy if this kind of attack has happened on our home soil.
5/10/08: Sean Parnell announces that he will seek reelection as AK Senator. Mike Gravel has left the door open for a run, but will almost certainly face residency issues.
5/12/08: To Giuliani's disappointment, Charlie Crist annouced that he would support Mike Bloomberg.

To be continued...
defe07

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 08:48:19 AM »

Yes, Bloomberg's winning Florida. Do you have any information on how the swing states (the gray and also slightly colored states) are tilting? I might be the only one in here but I like to read these what-if posts, they keep me entertained. Keep up the good work Smiley 
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »

Yes, Bloomberg's winning Florida. Do you have any information on how the swing states (the gray and also slightly colored states) are tilting?

As a matter of fact, I do. IA, OH, WV, and NV are leaning toward Clinton, WI is leaning toward Bloomberg, and TN is leaning toward Giuliani.

I might be the only one in here but I like to read these what-if posts, they keep me entertained. Keep up the good work Smiley 

Thank you. I always like enocuragement. Smiley
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2007, 07:17:44 PM »

I'm enjoying this too.  Well done so far!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2007, 09:42:57 PM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

5/14/08: An agressive ad campaign ensues as Bloomberg runs ads in key states criticizing Giuliani's record as mayor.
5/16/08: Bloomberg confirms in a speech that, if elected president, he would enstate universal health care.
5/19/08: FoxNews offers to the three major candidates to participate in the first presidential debate on 8/8/08.
5/20/08: Giuliani and Bloomberg quickly accept the invitations to the debate. Clinton has yet to make a decision.
5/22/08: Clinton has made here decision; She will attend the debate. Here is a transcript:

CLINTON: I realize that Fox isn't the most fair and balanced network, but a lot of voters watch it, so I will attend.

5/23/08: Clinton's decision to attend the debate infuriates DNC Chairman Howard Dean. Dean says that if Clinton attends the debate, he will force delegates to withhold their votes for Clinton at the convention.
5/24/08: At the LNC, Gary Johnson officially becomes the Libertarian nominee.
5/25/08: In defending opponent Hillary Clinton, Bloomberg made a speech about Howard Dean's actions:

BLOOMBERG: Howard Dean doesn't seem to realize that 4 Senators left his party last year because of their inability to work with people from the other side of the aisle.

5/26/08: Clinton confirms that she will be attending the debate. She said this about Dean:

CLINTON: I'm not taking advice on how to run a campaign from an outright loser of his last campaign. I think that we really need a new party chairman, who can work well with peole on the other side of the aisle.

5/28/08: Dean confirms that his threats are serious by talking to Barack Obama and Bill Richardson over the possibility of becoming the nominee.

To be continued...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »

Bloomberg supporting UHC?  Wouldn't that kill his support among economic conservatives
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2007, 09:37:01 PM »

Bloomberg supporting UHC?  Wouldn't that kill his support among economic conservatives?

He supports it in real life, so I figure I should be realistic.
defe07

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2007, 10:10:36 PM »

Cool, I'm not the only guy reading this post. Anyways, are there any other third party/independent candidacies? I reckon Gary Johnson was a former Gov. of NM??. I wonder who he chose as VP Cheesy. I'm loving each moment of the post, I like these intense and speculative simulations. I hope you have a surprise for us. Keep it up!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 10:12:17 PM »

Cool, I'm not the only guy reading this post. Anyways, are there any other third party/independent candidacies? I reckon Gary Johnson was a former Gov. of NM??. I wonder who he chose as VP Cheesy. I'm loving each moment of the post, I like these intense and speculative simulations. I hope you have a surprise for us. Keep it up!

Gary Johnson chose Steve Kubby as his veep. And don't worry; I have a surprise headed for you, though it may offend som Democrats on the forum.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007, 03:11:01 AM »

How did you do the white on Senate maps? Did you do it with MSPaint?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »

How did you do the white on Senate maps? Did you do it with MSPaint?

No, I just made the Republican/Democrat win by >20%. if you ask, "How do you do that," the answer is simple. All you need to do is change:
AL=2;9;5

to

AL=2;9;2

if Alabama is the state you wish to change.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2007, 10:11:54 AM »

6/1/08: The state of the race as it is now:
:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

Bloomberg 29%
Clinton 28%
Giuliani 24%

6/2/08: One year from today. Howard Dean announced that he will be holding the DNC annual conference on the 18th.
6/4/08: A recent report reveals the while mayor, Bloomberg may have used tax money to give Bloomberg LP money.
6/5/08: Frustrated with the choices for president, Bill O'reilly flirts with seeking the Constitution Party's nomination.
6/8/08: Due to increased pressure from the DNC, Clinton announces that she will not attend the FoxNews debate, though she stated that it was because the debate would be held before the party conventions.
6/9/08: Due to Clinton's absence from the debate, FoxNews invites Gary Johnson to attend. Johnson accepts the invitation.
6/11/08: Johnson runs the first as of his campaign. His ad boasted that he is the only candidate who supports cannabis legalization.
6/14/08: Craig Thomas dies of leukemia today. He will be buried in the capital on the 15th.

To be continued.....
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

Good work, keep it up!

As I really don't support Clinton, and I'm not too fond of either Giuliani, Bloomberg, O'Reilly, or Johnson, I would vote Green most probably. Although I could maybe vote Clinton.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2007, 12:24:39 PM »

Thank you. I can assure you that there will be a surprise within the next three to four posts.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2007, 07:25:30 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2007, 05:43:26 PM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

6/15/08: Bill Gates announces that he will donate $2 billion to Bloomberg's campaign.
6/16/08: Dave Fruedenthal appoints Barbara Cubin to Craig's Senate seat.
6/18/08: At the DNC meeting, Howard Dean loses his position as chairman to Evan Bayh.
6/20/08: Joe Lieberman's new book, Stuck Down the Middle, is released.
6/22/08: Joe Lieberman appears on The O'reilly Factor to discuss his new book. Bill O'reilly ultimately gives Lieberman an easy time on the show.
6/25/08: Bill O'reilly announces that he will not run for president, but instead support Giuliani.
6/26/08: Chairman Bayh unveils his new strategy for Democratic success. He says that if the party wants to survive 2010, they will need to appeal to the center more often.
6/27/08: Duncan Hunter holds a meeting with Ben Nelson discussing the vice-presidency. He said that he held the meeting because, "Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it."
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »

6/1/08: The state of the race as it is now:
:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

Bloomberg 29%
Clinton 28%
Giuliani 24%

If only the polls where like that in real life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies