From Today On
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:19:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  From Today On
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: From Today On  (Read 12051 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 10:10:05 AM »

6/30/08: Ross Perot, crawling out of the political grave, appears on Meet the Press, and jokingly considers abother Reform Party run.
7/1/08: Bill O'reilly retracts his endorsement of Giuliani and instead supports Perot's potential run.
7/4/08: The Fourth of July. Perot announces that he will once again run for president as a Reformer.
7/6/08: New polls:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

Clinton 31%
Giuliani 27%
Bloomberg 19%
Perot 5%
Johnson 3%

7/10/08: George Bush also retracts his "support" of Giuliani in favor of Perot.
7/11/08: Perot attends The O'reilly Factor. When asked why he is running, he says:

PEROT: Look, Bill, my campaign has two main issues: the War and CAFTA. So far, non eof the candidates running oppose both. That's why I'm running.

7/13/08: A a campaign stop, someone asks Bloomberg why he switched parties in 2002. He replies:

BLOOMBERG: Well, after 9/11, I came to realize that the Republicans have it right on some issues, like terrorism and taxes.

To be continued....
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »

Wow.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »

Good, I quite like Perot.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »

7/15/08: Perot announces that he has found a unning mate for his campaign: Mike Gravel.
7/16/08: Mike Gravel happily accepts the VP nomination.
7/18/08: The Giuliani camp begins an attack campaign against Hillary Clinton. They dig up almost anything they can find, fro corporate scandals to her record as senator and first lady.
7/21/08: The first as of the attack campaign airs on national television during the Simpsons. The ad creates nationwide controversy, with some defending Giuliani and FOX, while other feel that the attack was unprecedented.
7/23/08: In response to the attack ad, the Clinton campaign aired an attack against Giuliani's mayoral record and personal life.
7/26/08: Due to the attack ad controversy, Bloomberg announced that he would sign a "Non-Proliferation Treaty", stating that his campaign wouldn't attack the other candidates unless they attacked first.
7/27/08: Perot also signs the treaty, saying that we don't need to dig up dirt on the two main candidates to realized they are flawed.
7/29/08: Johnson also runs an attack ad criticizing Giuliani, Bloomberg and Clinton for their authoritarian policies on New Mexico public television.
8/2/08: As promised, Bloomberg lauched an attack ad against Johnson. When asked why he ran the attack 3 days after Bloomberg signed the treaty, Johnson said that "negative publicity is better than none."

To be continued...

(Only 1 more update until the Democratic Convention)
defe07

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007, 05:46:23 PM »

How are the swing states leaning? By the way, Gary Johnson was the Libertarian candidate for President I heard many people talk about. Talk about surprises. By the way, could you possibly show us all the tickets? Also, are the colors the same? I really like this thread. Thanks for your creativity Smiley!!!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »

How are the swing states leaning? By the way, Gary Johnson was the Libertarian candidate for President I heard many people talk about. Talk about surprises. By the way, could you possibly show us all the tickets? Also, are the colors the same? I really like this thread. Thanks for your creativity Smiley!!!

Here are the tickets:

Bloomberg/Hagel (CC)
Johnson/Kubby (L)
Perot/Gravel (R)

Also, these three aren't officially the nominees yet, but are expected to be:

Clinton/Richardson (D)
Giuliani/Hunter (R)
Nader/Foster (G)
defe07

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2007, 11:59:32 PM »

And the gray states or light blue/ light red states are leaning for which candidate?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »

Update, I can't wait.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2007, 05:50:34 PM »

And the gray states or light blue/ light red states are leaning for which candidate?

GIuliani is winning OH and TN
Clinton is winning IA and MO
Bloomberg is winning NE.

be patient, it will come tomorrow.
defe07

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 06:30:33 PM »

Cool, I thought it was like that. By the way, what are the best states for Johnson and Perot? I'm loving each second of it Smiley 
Downwinder

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2007, 07:58:02 PM »

yeah--thank you!!  This is very entertaining!
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2007, 08:59:01 PM »

Interesting but I don't understand a few thing about Perot.

1. Simply why would he run? He is 78 years old and he'd fall similarly with Bloomberg with his politics.

2. Why would Perot pick Gravel? Not only is Gravel in his late 70's but they are miles apart on their politics. I can't see the logic there.

Nevertheless, please continue. It's pretty good!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 09:50:04 PM »

Cool, I thought it was like that. By the way, what are the best states for Johnson and Perot? I'm loving each second of it Smiley 

Perot's best states are ME and UT, while Johnson's nest states are AK and NM.

yeah--thank you!!  This is very entertaining!

Thank you for the encouragement. This has to be the most popular timeline I've ever made, Smiley

Interesting but I don't understand a few thing about Perot.

1. Simply why would he run? He is 78 years old and he'd fall similarly with Bloomberg with his politics.

2. Why would Perot pick Gravel? Not only is Gravel in his late 70's but they are miles apart on their politics. I can't see the logic there.

Nevertheless, please continue. It's pretty good!

1. Perot wants to make a last stand in politics.
2. Perot liked the theme of Gravel's campaign.
3. Thank you, once again. Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2007, 12:38:06 AM »

I think the Reform Party still has ballot access in only 3 states, I believe.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2007, 11:33:34 PM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

8/8/08: The FoxNews debate: The debate was a major help to Giuliani's floundering campaign. Bloomberg had a terrible performance, and Johnson performed fairly well. Here's a post-debate poll about who won the debate:
Giuliani 53%
Johnson 38%
Bloomberg 9%

8/10/08: Given the lower-than-expected support the Perot campaign is getting, Perot announced that if the Democrats didn't nominate Hillary Clinton, he would drop out of the race.
8/11/08: Evan Bayh renews Howard Dean's calls to prevent Clinton from getting the nomination. He has been contacting delegates and trying to get them to not vote for Clinton and instead vote for Obama, Richardson, or Gore.
8/13/08: New polling:

Tossup=<3% margin
Slight=<6% margin
Lean=<10% margin
Strong=>10% margin

Giuliani 34%
Clinton 26%
Bloomberg 14%
Johnson 4%
Perot 2%

8/15/08: Bill Richardson publicly responds to Evan Bayh's requests and states that he will try to steal the nomination from Clinton.
8/16/08: To respond to Richardson, Clinton says that he will no longer be on the ticket if she is nominated. She will announce her new choice tommorow.
8/17/08: Hillary Clinton announces that her new running mate will be:
Wes Clark. Wes Clark happily accepts the offer and says that he will attend the convention.
8/19/08: Barack Obama also announces that he will try to take Clinton's nomination.
8/20/08: Amid speculation that Al Gore will also try to take the nomination, Gore makes a Sherman Statement in Denver. He announces however that he will be making the Keynote Address at the Convention.
8/21/08: Dave Freudenthal announces that he will be challenging Barbara Cubin for Senate. He draws criticism for nominating a horrible candidate so she would be easy to beat.
8/24/08: It is revealed that Bill Clinton may be having an affair....

with Paris Hilton.

To be continued......and with these questions to be answered:
1. What will happen with Bill Clinton's relationship?
2. Who will be the Democratic nominee?
3. What will Al Gore mention in his keynote address?

All to be answer on the next update.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 05:54:08 PM »

Just to let you know, the Democratic National Convention will be presented in Real Time, meaning that I will present it in an hourly basis instead in the usual daily basis. Thank you for reading.

-SPC
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

Continue the good work with your TL SPC. It's a very good timeline. But, I find it just a tad bit quite wrong that, the 3 day jailbird Paris Hilton is having an affair with Bill Clinton. I don't want to imagine that any further!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »

I can see you're favoring Gary Johnson...
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2007, 03:05:16 PM »

How so? By including him in the FoxNews debate?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »

And now, without further adoo, I bring you the 2008 Democratic National Convention!:

8/25/08 5:00 PM: Al Gore starts the convention by delivering the keynote address. In the address, he talks about the threat of global warming and the threat of neoconservatism. He frequently bashes George Bush in the address and comdemns Joe Lieberman for splintering from the party last year.
8/25/08 6:30 PM: After Al Gore's address, Stehen Colbert makes a speech, in character, making puns like, "I have no idea why the Democrats invited me to their convention." He also parodies George Bush, Rudy Giuliani, Duncan Hunter, and Joe Lieberman. he gets a thunderous applause for his "speech", and is rumored to be a potential "Anti-Hillary" candidate.
8/25/08 7:45 PM: Evan Bayh also makes a speech concerning the new direction of the Democratic Party. He reitterates that if the Democrats are to survive 2010, they must move ina new, moderate direction.
8/25/08 8:45 PM: As the night comes to a close, here is a preview of the delegates should be voting:
Clinton 2100
Richardson 1102
Obama 809
Webb 31
Unpledged 325

8/26/08 6:45 AM: BREAKING NEWS: It is revealed that Bill Clinton and Paris Hilton are dead in Bill Clinton's hotel room, and have died from stabbing. Hillary Clinton is believed to be the prime suspect, given that she was in the hotel room that night. She has been arrested and sent to Denver County jail until further notice.
8/26/08 9:00 AM: Bill Richardson takes advantage of this "national tragedy", and he refers to it, and states that he believes that he would be the best Democratic nominee during this "crisis".
8/26/08 10:35 AM: Wes Clark states that he is not interested in the Democratic nomination, and wishes to be the VP nominee.
8/26/08 1:00 PM: There have been calls to delay the convention, but Evan Bayh declines, saying that, "We can't let the death of a great man stall the nomination process."
8/26/08 5:25 PM: Bill Nelson makes a speech, honoring Bill Clinton, but also restating Evan Bayh's call to attract the center.
8/26/08 6:30 PM: Barack Obama and Bill Richardson respectively make speeches. Each one emphasized the importance of why a Democrat must be elected president in 2008.
8/26/08 8:30 PM: Joe Biden ended the night by displaying his Iraq partition plan.

To be continued (with the rest of the convention)....
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2007, 11:05:26 PM »

Yes and by making him poll 7% in the polls.

I can't buy Hillary stabbing her husband, I hope this doesn't take an unplausible turn.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2007, 11:11:42 PM »

I can't buy Hillary stabbing her husband, I hope this doesn't take an unplausible turn.

Hashemite, you call that plausible ?!?

SPC - I can't buy that - come on!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2007, 11:34:33 PM »

Hashemite, you call that plausible ?!?

SPC - I can't buy that - come on!

You think I should just retract the whole thing about Bill Clinton and Paris Hilton?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2007, 11:57:05 PM »

Yes. I think Clinton's days with affairs and woman are quite over now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies