We all are in grave danger!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:36:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  We all are in grave danger!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: We all are in grave danger!  (Read 15174 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2007, 07:58:55 PM »

I agree with TexasIndy, and I didn't see anything in her blog entry that represented a personal attack on anyone.

She personally attacked Alcon as well as the forum as a collective whole for no good reason.

I guess that could be seen as a personal attack, and it probably was uncalled for, but like I've said, she's just frustrated.  LEAVE HER ALONE!!

Frustrated at what?  At... the fact that political debate occurs on a board?  I mean, I could see it if she gave excellent and ample examples of pure, vile viciousness, but she didn't give many examples, and the ones she did gave were so mild compared to what I've seen elsewhere on the internet as to be laughable.

I mean, really, it takes less effort not to care about this forum if you're honestly that upset about it.  If someone truly wants to leave someplace and honestly doesn't care about it, you don't react in the way that she did.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2007, 07:59:20 PM »

I guess that could be seen as a personal attack, and it probably was uncalled for, but like I've said, she's just frustrated.  LEAVE HER ALONE!!

Is she really that distraught that she still worries about this, a month after she supposedly left?

This is a random person complaining about random people she doesn't know and never will know, on an internet forum.  Unless her 'problem' posters were coming to her door or defecating on her garden, what does she care?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2007, 08:02:46 PM »

Alcon, would it be too much to request that this thread be locked.  Its getting too far out of hand, and we need to resume civility as much as possible and go on with our lives.

I'd be happy to, but unless the thread turns into a total pit of flaming or the OP wants it locked, I really don't think I have the right to.

I know she's frustrated, but considering that she keeps having people post for her, is attacking us on a public blog and has contacted me several times to say she won't stop this until Dave gives her special treatment, we're not the ones who need to leave the other party alone.

I understand.  Just for the record, I am defending her on my own accord, not from being "recruited" by her.  I'm also trying to defend you guys, too, because I see both sides of the issue.  It is really kind of pointless to be throwing a fit about the happenings of the Internet, but just please, leave her alone.

I know its not really your duty to leave her alone, or her you, but just for civility sake, just humor the idea and leave her alone, and I will ask her to leave you alone.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »

I appreciate that.

I'm more than happy to leave her alone.  I take no pleasure in having to deal with someone who I think is fundamentally decent but upset for a reason I can't totally comprehend.

Thank you for being the go-between.  Smiley
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »

ha, this is hilarious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »

See guys, I told you telling BushOklahoma on yall to settle this would be a good thing!

Ahh, shucks.  Thanks!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2007, 08:12:44 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2007, 08:14:17 PM by Oklahoma City Democrat »

By the way, I will not be the Atlasian Sheriff, but anytime I can help resolve differences and be a neutral mediator let me know.  If I have too much opinion one way or the other, I will let you know so I don't make things worse.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2007, 08:15:03 PM »

By the way, I will not be the Atlasian Sheriff, but anytime I can help resolve differences and be a neutral mediator let me know.

Well, if there's anything we need, it's less debate, and more neutral mediators.

I hate people with different opinions.  They're so mean. Cry
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2007, 08:16:19 PM »

By the way, I will not be the Atlasian Sheriff, but anytime I can help resolve differences and be a neutral mediator let me know.

Well, if there's anything we need, it's less debate, and more neutral mediators.

I hate people with different opinions.  They're so mean. Cry

Debates are good as long as they're civilized
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2007, 08:19:25 PM »

Missouri -- Wonderful scenery. Especially the I-44 Corridor.  Never been on the I-70 corridor, but the I-35 corridor between Kansas City and Des Moines isn't too exciting.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »

There really is no merit to threadjacking, under any circumstances.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2007, 08:25:15 PM »

This is getting ridiculous.  Even if you don't like them, thread hijacking is inappropriate.

Locking.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2007, 08:51:13 PM by Dave Leip »

All,
I'm asking that you please not attack or flame TexasIndy here or on her blog site.

I will take this opportunity to counterpoint inaccurate items she mentions in the blog entry:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She has sent me more than 10 requests.  I answered the first three with essentially my policy as stated here.   I'm sorry that my policy differs from what you want, but my answer is final.   Continued requests after I have already responded are ignored.

Banning does not remove one's account, only the ability to access it.

Banning does not remove one's access to internet service.  It can be used to block ip addresses assigned by your ISP from accessing the forum, but doesn't block other sites.

Delete account requests are not ignored.  They are denied.

Thanks,
Dave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies