What are gas prices where you're at? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are gas prices where you're at? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are gas prices where you're at?  (Read 69673 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

I paid $3.159 yesterday when I filled up, and already today it was about 2¢ less at the same store. 

Double dip? 

I guess somebody's job most be on the line.  Nevertheless I'm pleased to pay less for the fuel.  I remember it being over $3.50 not that long ago.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:09:28 AM »

creeping back up a little?

In my neighborhood it bottomed at about $2.01 last week, but since has increased to $2.05.  I did hear on the public radio news that the state's fuel tax, already the highest in the nation, just increased.  That may be the reason for the slight increase in the fuel price recently.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »

Definitely up.  I paid $2.35 per gallon yesterday at a fueling station where I paid $2.05 last time I filled.  The workers there tell me it is mostly the implementation of a new state tax.

Area rates seem to vary from about $2.31 to about 2.36 nowadays.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 09:23:24 AM »

The Peak Oil fanboys are still very confused.

Very.  From National Geographic magazine, April 2006:  You wouldn't know it from the hulking SUVs and traffic-clogged freeways of the United States, but we're in the twilight of plentiful oil.

It's $2.159 per gallon a few blocks from my house.  That's more than a dollar less per gallon than last year at this time.  (It was around $3.35 at the start of the holiday last year, and had come down to about $3.00 by MLK day, which we thought was amazing.)  My area is higher than the national average, but still much cheaper than anyone would have predicted at this time last year. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 09:08:23 PM »

Just saw the first stations with 0.99€/litre (roughly 3.80$/gallon) for diesel today.

Never been to Austria, but I lived in Germany for a year, and I worked in the Netherlands for a semester.  What I noticed there was that Diesel was cheaper than gasoline.  It was weird.  I assume that this is also the case in Austria. (?)

On the other hand, here in the United States, Diesel is always more expensive than regular auto fuel.  Typically, Diesel costs about 35c per gallon more than regular.  For example, right now, near me, the fuel sells for about $2.13, and the Diesel sells for about $2.44.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies