When will Ted Kennedy retire?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:51:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  When will Ted Kennedy retire?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will Ted Kennedy retire?  (Read 1403 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2007, 08:36:29 PM »

If there's a Democrat I want to retire more than any other it would be Ted Kennedy.  Any guesses on to when he will retire?  He's not up for re-election until 2012, I believe.  Will he retire then, or will he retire in 2018, or will he die in office?
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 08:42:30 PM »

Who knows...

The seat is his until he dies. He's 75 now so if he pulls a Bob Byrd, he could be around for another 15 or so years.

Sadly it won't be soon enough though I prefer him a million over that SOB John Kerry.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 09:25:11 PM »

Why should he?... He clearly loves the job, he will likely never lose, he is already considered the party's "Lion"... Why would he retire?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »

Who knows...

The seat is his until he dies. He's 75 now so if he pulls a Bob Byrd, he could be around for another 15 or so years.

Sadly it won't be soon enough though I prefer him a million over that SOB John Kerry.

Why do you prefer Ted Kennedy over John Kerry? Sure John Kerry is bad, bu at least he hasn't drowned anybody.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »

If there's a Democrat I want to retire more than any other it would be Ted Kennedy.  Any guesses on to when he will retire?  He's not up for re-election until 2012, I believe.  Will he retire then, or will he retire in 2018, or will he die in office?

I'd like to see Sen. Inouye retire the most.  Not because I have anything against him, only because Ted Stevens said he would leave if Sen. Inouye wasn't there anymore and Ted Stevens is a friggin' moron.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 10:50:21 PM »

the sooner the better
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »

You're not joking.
Conan
conan

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 01:39:47 AM »

Hopefully never. He's one of the greatest Senators.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 01:46:01 AM »

Why do you prefer Ted Kennedy over John Kerry? Sure John Kerry is bad, bu at least he hasn't drowned anybody.

Using that logic, you would not like Laura Bush either... but you do?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »

1. I did not know that Laura Bush drowned anybody.
2. Laura Bush has not been passing one unconstitutional bill after another for the last 45 years.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 12:23:02 PM »

yeah we really dont need any one fighting for those pesky poors. 

we need more tax breaks for the top 2%.  those people are obviously oppressed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 12:53:27 PM »

There are other, more respectable liberals that do that, Walter. Kennedy isn't respectable.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 12:58:59 PM »

There are other, more respectable liberals that do that, Walter. Kennedy isn't respectable.

i know kennedy has flaws.  and i disagree with him on many issues.

but he is a crusader for health care reform.
Conan
conan

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »

2. Laura Bush has not been passing one unconstitutional bill after another for the last 45 years.

Haha. First, Laura Bush killed someone in a car accident. Second, Ted Kennedy hasn't been passing unconstitutional bills. You might be amazed to see the landmark laws that are known to be institutionally American today that came from Ted.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »

Haha. First, Laura Bush killed someone in a car accident. Second, Ted Kennedy hasn't been passing unconstitutional bills. You might be amazed to see the landmark laws that are known to be institutionally American today that came from Ted.

Laura's situation is less serious seeing as she wasn't drunk and didn't run away from the accident scene (as far as I know).
Conan
conan

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »

Laura's situation is less serious seeing as she wasn't drunk and didn't run away from the accident scene (as far as I know).
Laura failed to stop at a stop sign and blindsided a friend/possibly an exboyfriends car. The roads were at right angles and there was an unobstructed view, probably an area of fields. However, she was not given an alcohol test, probably because she was also hurt or didnt seem drunk. She most likely just failed to stop at the stop sign and didnt mean to crash into the person.  Similar to Ted's story although his is a little worse, not far worse. Both should have been more careful.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »

Laura failed to stop at a stop sign and blindsided a friend/possibly an exboyfriends car. The roads were at right angles and there was an unobstructed view, probably an area of fields. However, she was not given an alcohol test, probably because she was also hurt or didnt seem drunk.

You're a clown.
Conan
conan

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 02:48:02 PM »

Laura failed to stop at a stop sign and blindsided a friend/possibly an exboyfriends car. The roads were at right angles and there was an unobstructed view, probably an area of fields. However, she was not given an alcohol test, probably because she was also hurt or didnt seem drunk.

You're a clown.

And I loaded that summary up with Laura Bush defenses. But anyway coming from a Rick Santorum supporter, a clown must be a good thing cause you're living in bizarro world.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 12:43:53 PM »

You're a clown.

And I loaded that summary up with Laura Bush defenses. But anyway coming from a Rick Santorum supporter, a clown must be a good thing cause you're living in bizarro world.

I'm the one living in "bizarro" world because I said the Laura situation doesn't even come close to Ted's? Laura didn't leave the scene. Teddy did and failed to contact the authorities for hours.
Conan
conan

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »

You're a clown.

I'm the one living in "bizarro" world because I said the Laura situation doesn't even come close to Ted's? Laura didn't leave the scene. Teddy did and failed to contact the authorities for hours.
They both broke a law and ended up killing someone. If you wanted to point out what you just said maybe you should have inserted the quote where i actually compared the severity of the two, instead of the story about what happened.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies