Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 05:16:26 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community
| | |-+  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, The Mikado, Badger)
| | | |-+  Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
R/R   -5 (16.7%)
R/D   -4 (13.3%)
D/D   -13 (43.3%)
D/R   -0 (0%)
I/R   -1 (3.3%)
I/D   -1 (3.3%)
I/I   -3 (10%)
R/I   -1 (3.3%)
D/I   -2 (6.7%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D)  (Read 2324 times)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:20:09 pm »
Ignore

Down, libertarian-leaning northeast-Republican chooses Kevin, a Virginian conservative as his running mate.

Jamespol, a conservative-leaning Democrat from Missouri picks Nym90, a more liberal Democrat from Michigan as his running mate.

Who would you vote for?  Is there a strong third party?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:22:22 pm by Sooner State Independent »Logged

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:21:31 pm »
Ignore

down is not libertarian leaning.  He is hard right in social views.

bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:25:30 pm »
Ignore

Bingo.

Calling himself "libertarian-leaning" does not hide his conservative views.

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 06:47:48 am »
Ignore

I'd rather jump off a bridge here, actually.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:13:42 pm »
Ignore

I voted for DWTL purely because I know you set this up to get jamespol to win. Tongue

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
Senator Cynic
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:24:11 pm »
Ignore

First thing I'd do is reverse the Democratic ticket. Nym has long been a forum buddy of mine, and I tend to agree with his views more than I would a hardcore right Republican, or an embarrassingly conservative Democrat.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:42:40 pm »
Ignore

I really hold zero conservative social views except for abortion (which there are plently of pro-life libertarians), gay marriage (religious), and support of the Patriot Act.  I more than make up for that with hardcore libertarian positions of opposing a National ID card, legalization of all drugs, legalization of prostitution, abolishment of the FCC, and other issues like that.  To say I'm more conservative than libertarian is absurd.

Gov. Christopher J. Christie
Boris
boris78
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:51:11 pm »
Ignore

I really hold zero conservative social views except for abortion (which there are plently of pro-life libertarians), gay marriage (religious), and support of the Patriot Act.  I more than make up for that with hardcore libertarian positions of opposing a National ID card, legalization of all drugs, legalization of prostitution, abolishment of the FCC, and other issues like that.  To say I'm more conservative than libertarian is absurd.

If you oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, wouldn't it be logical to also oppose the legalization of prostitution on the same grounds?

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 05:51:18 pm »
Ignore

If you oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, wouldn't it be logical to also oppose the legalization of prostitution on the same grounds?

No, b/c prostitution is something that a person does an individual choice, an also against gay marriage b/c it degrades society and makes a mockery.

Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 06:07:55 pm »
Ignore

No, b/c prostitution is something that a person does an individual choice, an also against gay marriage b/c it degrades society and makes a mockery.

Prostitution doesn't?

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:54 pm »
Ignore

Prostitution doesn't?

No b/c it's a one-time or isolated event usually, not something that comes with a certificate

nclib
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:48 pm »
Ignore

If one believes (which you probably don't) that men and women and gays and straights are equal, how would gay marriage degrade society and make a mockery? Doesn't marrying and divorcing five times create a bigger mockery? Why should the latter be legal and the former not?

[George W. Bush] has shattered the myth of white supremacy once and for all. -- Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY)

"George Bush supports abstinence. Lucky Laura."
- sign seen at the March for Women's Lives, 4/25/04

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 07:23:10 pm »
Ignore

If one believes (which you probably don't) that men and women and gays and straights are equal, how would gay marriage degrade society and make a mockery? Doesn't marrying and divorcing five times create a bigger mockery? Why should the latter be legal and the former not?

Because being gay is not something to flaunt in the streets, deny it all you want but is the kind of stuff the terrorists get pissed off about and they are right to get pissed about it.  We anger the majority of the civilized world where religion is respected and not pissed on

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 07:30:16 pm »
Ignore

Oh yes, Osama bin Laden would be perfectly fine with the US if we simply dropped the campaign to legalize gay marriage.

Green = Fake Scotland
Red = Real Scotland

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Judäischen Volksfront
exnaderite
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 07:39:02 pm »
Ignore

He would also not have ordered operatives to kill thousands of Americans, if only we had public hangings of gays at Madison Square Garden and forced all Jews to live in reservations in Nevada.

Sensei
senseiofj324
YaBB God
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 10:53:40 pm »
Ignore

Because being gay is not something to flaunt in the streets, deny it all you want but is the kind of stuff the terrorists get pissed off about and they are right to get pissed about it.  We anger the majority of the civilized world where religion is respected and not pissed on

Then how do you explain your positive social score on the matrix?

Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 10:56:27 pm »
Ignore

Do you honestly believe that the terrorists hate America because America is tolerant of gay people, or are you just saying this to get a reaction?

Judäischen Volksfront
exnaderite
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 02:17:55 pm »
Ignore

You see my dear friend Gabu, Iran is the pinnacle of civilization. They recognize how the infidel Americans are the Great Satan and anyone who does not believe in their belief will burn in hell for eternity.

Actually, it's likely DWTL is like Hawkeye a while back. Regardless, he should understand he's lucky Dave did not ban him after his BlueDogDem account was uncovered.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 02:23:35 pm »
Ignore

Do you honestly believe that the terrorists hate America because America is tolerant of gay people, or are you just saying this to get a reaction?

A combination of the two Smiley

Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 02:37:54 pm »
Ignore

If that was what the terrorists hated America for, why wouldn't they go after someone else?  America is one of the least tolerant places of gay people in the Western world.

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:11 pm »
Ignore

D/D (It's a given)

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 10:27:52 pm »
Ignore

The fake Libertarian against the fake Democrat. I'll take option c, please.
Conan
conan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 10:35:34 pm »
Ignore

If that was what the terrorists hated America for, why wouldn't they go after someone else?  America is one of the least tolerant places of gay people in the Western world.
That's actually not true.

Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 11:22:57 pm »
Ignore

"One of the" means Australia can be equally intolerant and not discredit the statement. (Poland is not part of the Western World.)
Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 03:30:10 pm »
Ignore

"One of the" means Australia can be equally intolerant and not discredit the statement. (Poland is not part of the Western World.)

Basically.  I mean, if the terrorists hate America because they don't lynch gay people, why wouldn't they instead blow up the CN Tower or something?  Canada has legalized gay marriage outright, for God's sake.  We're orders of magnitude more sinful and heretical than the godly Americans.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout