Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:57:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
R/R

R/D

D/D

D/R

I/R

I/D

I/I

R/I

D/I

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D)  (Read 3754 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: May 24, 2007, 01:42:40 PM »

down is not libertarian leaning.  He is hard right in social views.

I really hold zero conservative social views except for abortion (which there are plently of pro-life libertarians), gay marriage (religious), and support of the Patriot Act.  I more than make up for that with hardcore libertarian positions of opposing a National ID card, legalization of all drugs, legalization of prostitution, abolishment of the FCC, and other issues like that.  To say I'm more conservative than libertarian is absurd.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »

I really hold zero conservative social views except for abortion (which there are plently of pro-life libertarians), gay marriage (religious), and support of the Patriot Act.  I more than make up for that with hardcore libertarian positions of opposing a National ID card, legalization of all drugs, legalization of prostitution, abolishment of the FCC, and other issues like that.  To say I'm more conservative than libertarian is absurd.

If you oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, wouldn't it be logical to also oppose the legalization of prostitution on the same grounds?

No, b/c prostitution is something that a person does an individual choice, an also against gay marriage b/c it degrades society and makes a mockery.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »

If you oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, wouldn't it be logical to also oppose the legalization of prostitution on the same grounds?

No, b/c prostitution is something that a person does an individual choice, an also against gay marriage b/c it degrades society and makes a mockery.

Prostitution doesn't?

No b/c it's a one-time or isolated event usually, not something that comes with a certificate
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »

If one believes (which you probably don't) that men and women and gays and straights are equal, how would gay marriage degrade society and make a mockery? Doesn't marrying and divorcing five times create a bigger mockery? Why should the latter be legal and the former not?

Because being gay is not something to flaunt in the streets, deny it all you want but is the kind of stuff the terrorists get pissed off about and they are right to get pissed about it.  We anger the majority of the civilized world where religion is respected and not pissed on
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 02:23:35 PM »

Because being gay is not something to flaunt in the streets, deny it all you want but is the kind of stuff the terrorists get pissed off about and they are right to get pissed about it.  We anger the majority of the civilized world where religion is respected and not pissed on

Do you honestly believe that the terrorists hate America because America is tolerant of gay people, or are you just saying this to get a reaction?

A combination of the two Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies