CNN's poll shows that Kerry and Edwards lead Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:38:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN's poll shows that Kerry and Edwards lead Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN's poll shows that Kerry and Edwards lead Bush  (Read 7626 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: February 03, 2004, 08:38:19 AM »

For now.  Its not encouraging, but I guess Bush still has time to pull it back up.  He needs to start campaigning though.  I think you see in these polls Bush's low point - 46-48%.  I think 48% is more realistic - what he got last time.  The funny thing is he could actually win with this figure.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 02:23:08 PM »

Well, you forgot about a couple major events--the GOP convention, which will help Bush, and the debates, which are anyone's guess, though Kerry did an excellent job by all accounts debating Bill Weld in 1996. And I don't see any particular reason to believe that the campaign will necessarily help Bush, what is your reasoning for this?

The debates will help Bush because he is likeable - Kerry is not as unlikeable as Gore but very nearly so.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 07:12:27 AM »

Speaking of Bush Democrats I hope they use Zell Miller to campaign for Bush in the general.  Bush needs no help in the South but I think Zell would go over well in Missouri and Ohio.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 10:24:39 PM »

Most polling firms in the U.K are both biased and innacurate.
The best is probably Mori... although it's not very accurate... and is run by an American...

The worst is YouGov, which got the last election wrong by 7%, is incredibly pro-Tory (so biased that they are the Tories "in house" pollster. They actually work for them), is run by a man who used to work for a certain Jeffery Archer, does it's polling over the internet, never publishes it's methodology, publishes it's "polls" in right wing newspapers, and is reffered to by cynics as "AnythingYouWantGuv?"

Our polling industry is more or less unregulated, and is little more than a propaganda tool for press barons.
It needs regulation.
Now.

More regulation?  Great - make sure polling is done in a way which pleases the State.  
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 02:14:35 AM »

Funny, CNN put out the same kind of polls in 1988 showing Bush Sr. getting "beat" by Dukakis by over 12 points! Wonder how that happened, especially when Dukakis got kicked by loosing with 7 points in the G.E. Polls always favor a dem, they are more likely to engage in taking polls. I think you will see a change when the GOP convention takes place, and the 3rd Anniversary of 9-11 comes around. It will remind people of the party and the president that stands for morals, courage and honor. The GOP will be riding high come November.

One other thing, has anyone forgotten the CNN polls showing the Dems were going to take the Senate back in 2002? Not even close. Most polls are skewed, I believe intentionally in some cases, to show the dems having some kind of momentum. Unfortunately for the libs, it just doenst work as planned. They just can't understand the reason why normal people would vote for the GOP! Elections are close, as we saw in 2000, I have my opinon on how it ended up that close though. Just ask the workers of the John Thune campaign in South Dakota. They learned why elections are close, and not because of legal votes either! Now apply that same dem tactic nationally, and you see how 1-3 percent of the vote is probably a result of fraud on the dem side. The magnitude of vote fraud is outrageous, not to mention criminal. Its in their blood, they can't help it.

Couldn't agree more GOPman, the Dems are the masters at vote fraud.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies