Cabinet Meeting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:28:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet Meeting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cabinet Meeting  (Read 4673 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2004, 10:56:37 PM »

This is a thread where cabinet members can quickly get info to each other.  We talk talk policy and stuff without having to start a whole new thread.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 01:24:50 PM »

I am not sure if we are supposed to make real world policies only in response to the GM, or if people want the administration to take action of its own.  If its the latter, I'd like us to consider an intervention in the Sudan.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 02:34:38 AM »

I think that intervention in Sudan merits some serious thought... both moral and political concerns make intervention highly desirable IMHO.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 01:07:20 AM »

Damn.  The members of this administration can't be contained.  We just post like crazy.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 06:04:56 PM »

Looks like we are attempting to prove the old axium, "the government which governs less governs not at all".

I support the notion that we act quickly to resolve the Sudan crisis.  We need too order the Suadnese government to stand-down.  We must then send in 2 divisions of Infantry, backed by one of our aircraft carriers and have an aditional 3 Infantry, and 1 Marine division on alert in case the government chooses not to coperate.  We need ot ready at least 2 million rations a day.

I want a report from out Secretary of Defense and our Secretaries of State and Treasury about the expected impact of these actions: diplomatically, militarily and fiscally.  I want reports ready by Friday of next week so that we can present it to the President.

Any questions?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 06:22:51 PM »

Just one.

Where do you propose I get 2 Infantry Divisions from?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 06:27:28 PM »

Just one.

Where do you propose I get 2 Infantry Divisions from?

We have 20  Wink
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 06:28:14 PM »

So we aren't using the current siuation of the US military to determine what we can and can't do?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 06:29:27 PM »

We need an idependent source to conduct a demographic survey of Atlasia, so that we know exactly what our economy is like and such.  We are assumeing that we aren't really "America" but closely mirror it.  So we need someone to define that.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 06:31:55 PM »

I had always assumed that I was inheriting the current situaton of the United States, unless there was something specific that the Forum Government had done to change that situation.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 06:32:27 PM »

Yoy might want to e-mail Nym if you really want a report from him.  He has posted that he won't be in the forum much due to family matter, but he would check e-mail.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 07:27:16 PM »

The US Army currently contains 10 Active divisions:
1st Armored
1st Cavalry
10th Mountain (Light)
82nd Airborne
101st Airborne (Air Assault)
1st Infantry (Mechanized)
2nd Infantry (Mechanized)
3rd Infantry (Mechanized)
4th Infantry (Mechanized)
25th Infantry (Light)

and 10 National Guard divisions
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 07:27:23 PM »

I think we're operating off of an inherited real world situation.  Therefore, I will follow the diective of the Vice President in response to my proposal to plan for a military intervention in Sudan.  However, I will not incorporate US ground forces, since there are none to be incorporated due to the tremendous strain the Iraq deployment has put on our undersized military.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 08:04:56 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2004, 08:05:41 PM by John Ford »

The US Army currently contains 10 Active divisions:
1st Armored
1st Cavalry
10th Mountain (Light)
82nd Airborne
101st Airborne (Air Assault)
1st Infantry (Mechanized)
2nd Infantry (Mechanized)
3rd Infantry (Mechanized)
4th Infantry (Mechanized)
25th Infantry (Light)

and 10 National Guard divisions

Thank you Ernest.  I actually have a list of every Army Division, independent Brigade/ACR, and Marine Division on my computer.  The only question I have is whether we are operating under real-world constraints or not.  If we are, I have to come up with a plan that doesn't require several divisions, because I can't spare them.

I am assuming a real world situation, since everything about our foreign relations has been in some way connected to reality.

I will need the President's view on the Sudan issue soon.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2004, 09:28:37 PM »

Well, if the fantasy government decides to expand the Army, I'd appreciate if you'd bring back the 11th Airborne Division and the 42nd Infantry Division.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 09:35:39 PM »

I'd love to expand the army, but like many things, it depends on others as much as it does on me.  Was the 42nd a heavy division?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 09:51:37 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2004, 09:52:23 PM by Vice-President Supersoulty »

John, I also want to a clear list of objects and an exit strategy.  We are not going to leave those boys and girls stranded over there.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2004, 01:27:51 AM »

Excellent Report John.  I think the President will be very pleased.  Now if the Secretaries of State Treasury will submit thier findings, hopefully we will be able to present Pres. Lundgren with everything he needs.

Could you send your report onto the President, President Pro-Temp and the rest of the cabinet?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2004, 05:36:25 AM »

It seems like you people are doing a good job on this. Smiley

I also believe we are supposing that things are like in real-world America unless we've changed it sort of.

However, I do believe that we should generally not take in new situations and respond to them. We have the GM to create scenarios and the such, if we try responding to all real-world events it would be way too much. Still, I guess we can make an exception for this one, since you've got started on it. I'll be waiting for the report. Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2004, 01:45:34 PM »

I'd love to expand the army, but like many things, it depends on others as much as it does on me.  Was the 42nd a heavy division?
The 42nd Rainbow Division was formed in August 1917 of National Guard units from 26 states and the District of Columbia. It was purpose formed so that no single state would be able to claim the distinction of having been the first to send its troops over there. After Chief of Staff Colonel Douglas MacArthur remarked that the Division "would stretch over the whole country like a rainbow," the coalesced national guard units were christened Rainbow Division. As the war progressed Douglas MacArthur was promoted to commander of the 84th Brigade and finally to commander of the Rainbow Division. Its four infantry regiments were respectively 165th (formerly New York's 69th); 166th (formerly Ohio's 4th); 167th (formerly Alabama's 4th); and 168th (formerly Iowa's 3rd). The field artillery, machine gun, ambulance, hospital, and other units originated in other states from the Atlantic to the Pacific.  The other National Guard divisons (the 26th thru the 41st Divisions) that served in WWI had units from only a few states each.  [In the numbering scheme used by the US in WW 1, Division numbers 1-25  were reserved for the Regular Army, 26-75 for the National Guard, and 76 and above for the National Army (draftees) but not all available numbers were used.) The 42nd was deactivated after WWI but was reactivated for WW II, but as a Army of the United States unit (draftees) not as a National Guard unit.
After WW II it was reorganized as a National Guard division based in New York.  It is currently structured as a mechanized division, but it is planned to be converted into a light division.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2004, 03:08:41 PM »

"Rainbow" Division, no wonder they got rid of it.  Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 04:08:42 PM »

I also believe we are supposing that things are like in real-world America unless we've changed it sort of.

However, I do believe that we should generally not take in new situations and respond to them. We have the GM to create scenarios and the such, if we try responding to all real-world events it would be way too much. Still, I guess we can make an exception for this one, since you've got started on it. I'll be waiting for the report. Smiley

This was in "The Region" Mr. President.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2004, 04:45:29 PM »

Assuming you're talking about the Sudan, The Region has been quiet about that situation.  If the Government chooses to address that issue, I'll be happy to provide the response of the Sudanese and others to your actions, but unless it does I have no plans to do so on my own,  BTW, the latest issue is out.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2004, 05:35:43 PM »

Assuming you're talking about the Sudan, The Region has been quiet about that situation.  If the Government chooses to address that issue, I'll be happy to provide the response of the Sudanese and others to your actions, but unless it does I have no plans to do so on my own,  BTW, the latest issue is out.

Oh, my mistake.  But I think that we have decided to take up this issue.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

Sorry I haven't been following this. I strongly support the plan put forth by Sec. of Defense Ford. Gustaf and Ford, what role would you like me to play? I would like to attempt to convene talks in the hopes that we can alleviate this problem without a military response if this is at all possible, but if they are not successful, I support Ford's plan.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies