Cabinet Meeting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:05:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet Meeting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cabinet Meeting  (Read 4671 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 09:09:39 PM »

Nym,

I'm thrilled to have your support.  Its good that the administration is filled with people who know an injustice when they see it.  A united front will produce a more coherent and effective policy.

I'd say the best thing you can do is go to our NATO allies and to the UN and make the moral case (stopping genocide) and the strategic case (toppling a former harborer of bin Laden) to them.  I'd like the support of as many allies as we can get, as we may need their peacekeeping troops after the shooting stops.

I am personally against talking with Bashir's government, because in real life, your counterpart Colin Powell already had a peace deal and the Sudanese government stuck us in the back and broke their word by invading Darfur.  I don't really trust them, and fear another embarrassing betrayal if we go back to the same route that already came up short once.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 09:13:44 PM »

Nym,

I'm thrilled to have your support.  Its good that the administration is filled with people who know an injustice when they see it.  A united front will produce a more coherent and effective policy.

I'd say the best thing you can do is go to our NATO allies and to the UN and make the moral case (stopping genocide) and the strategic case (toppling a former harborer of bin Laden) to them.  I'd like the support of as many allies as we can get, as we may need their peacekeeping troops after the shooting stops.

I am personally against talking with Bashir's government, because in real life, your counterpart Colin Powell already had a peace deal and the Sudanese government stuck us in the back and broke their word by invading Darfur.  I don't really trust them, and fear another embarrassing betrayal if we go back to the same route that already came up short once.

Put some pressure on the EU-bastards. Tongue Make them take some sort of responisibility.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

Nym,

Put some pressure on the EU-bastards. Tongue Make them take some sort of responisibility.

But only call them that behind closed doors. Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 12:33:20 AM »

Ok, sounds great. I am fairly busy for the next couple days and probably won't be online, but I pledge that I will start a tour of Europe this weekend and also make a speech to the UN in New York early next week. How does that sound?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 12:38:31 AM »

Perfect.  Take some time, we haven't even started Senate debate yet, so ther isn't a rush if you have things to do in real life.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 04:19:54 AM »

Exactly, we have to remember that normal government works really slowly as well, and they're still working full-time with it. Smiley Wink

And that's a good point Ford...only behind closed doors. Preferably doors that have been slammed in their faces, lol. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies