Pawns of Power: an RPG
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Pawns of Power: an RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: Pawns of Power: an RPG  (Read 49146 times)
M

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: July 31, 2004, 03:40:03 AM »

I have completed a post for the Despotic Federation, I urge Soulty to finish the Viceroyalty and Al Israel, or declare them open. If they're not in by Sunday, I'll assume they are open. I also urge someone to claim the Caliphate, which no one is doing at the moment.

I had fun writing my Despotic Federation post. A lot of fun. But I still want someone to take over the position from now on.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #251 on: July 31, 2004, 04:03:44 AM »

Exactly, its the Best one. we all live in it, we all know lots of famous people in it, we all know heaps about it. if you can't write a storty for the easier nation, then piff and twaddle to you, as the brits might say in 1930 Cheesy
M

« Reply #252 on: July 31, 2004, 04:09:35 AM »

Well, I just worte one update but got carried away with the powers I had. My character choice was myself, but the new player can change that. I hope someone grabs this spot and Araby soon, and that Soulty and Al send in their posts or withdraw from the game.

I have launched a major advertising blitz at Paradox, it's even in my sig. And I'm bugging Gustaf to join, I think he'd enjoy the DFRESP. Anyway, the game is still on and won't be delayed past Sunday. If I have too, I'lkl write all 4 missing uipdates myself. But I's rather not.

Great work to the 6 who did turn their's in on time. Very commendable. Could you all do me a favor and dig up some players, from on or off the forum? Thanks.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #253 on: July 31, 2004, 04:20:34 AM »

the only one who i could get was jaron-remember him-and he said he only wanted it if he could be russia, so, maybe for the best, we don't have jaron Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #254 on: July 31, 2004, 04:23:59 AM »

Kay, y'all- I've got reports from Harry, Verin, Lewis, Bono, and Demonking. So I'm waiting on Al, Josh, Hugh, States, and Soulty.

About half of the reports had you zapping the national leaders- you clearly cannot do that from the rules. Just so you know. So that has been disqualified.

I'm thinking of being soft the first turn- boosting you into power if it's at all believeable and suspending penalties but not bonuses until you gain power.
Wait a sec - did I get this right that only the leader of the leading country is off limits or are all the leaders of countries off?
Also, have you considered this: if I manage to control additional territory, somebody else can still zap the people there, right? Or can I?
M

« Reply #255 on: July 31, 2004, 04:24:38 AM »

I e-mailed Gustaf, he might be interested. Other than that, I'm hoping we get Paradoxers in large numbers.  I feel playing my own countries is cheating, and doing more than oneis both extra cheap and rather droll. I view my roll in playing what countries I have too as a "caretaker" position, so people don't start off with no points. But I need players.
M

« Reply #256 on: July 31, 2004, 04:45:35 AM »

Lewis- you could zap Musharaff, but not Singh, for example. You did folow this rule, so don't worry.

If you OCCUPY additional territory, it belongs to the alien designated owner. If you gain LEGAL CONTROL of additional territory, even if you had no claim to it, you can zap it's people.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2004, 04:46:56 AM »

Lewis- you could zap Musharaff, but not Singh, for example. You did folow this rule, so don't worry.

If you OCCUPY additional territory, it belongs to the alien designated owner. If you gain LEGAL CONTROL of additional territory, even if you had no claim to it, you can zap it's people.
So its current owner would have to cede it to me, right?
M

« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2004, 04:48:38 AM »

Yes, by e-mail diplomacy. Whether it is peaceful or at gunpoint is irrelevant.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2004, 04:49:59 AM »

Yes, by e-mail diplomacy. Whether it is peaceful or at gunpoint is irrelevant.
Yeah, I got that.
M

« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2004, 04:55:35 AM »

<You can now use Andalite thought speak symbols to "say" things with Zap. This may help some of you in your future writings. Tht is all.>
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2004, 05:01:01 AM »

<You can now use Andalite thought speak symbols to "say" things with Zap. This may help some of you in your future writings. Tht is all.>
"Andalite"?
M

« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2004, 05:13:06 AM »

See K. A. Applegate's Animorph series. Aliens like blue centaur/scorpion crossbreeds. Anyway, they can't amke noises, they use thoughtspeak. Telepathy. Applegate uses <this to show someone is communicating in thoughtspeak>.

Geez, brings back memories. I used to enjoy those books before she ruined 'em and then killed everyone. Anyway. Thoughtspeak. Use it. Good. Need Players!!!!!!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2004, 05:26:05 AM »

My Turn:

Uzi spent most of this turn asleep. He did manage to zap some peaceniks and make them build a wall around Hebron though.
Oh and he zapped Vanunu (sp? Was he born in Israel or not? If not pick some other scientist. Wouldn't be as funny tho'...) to make new nukes.
He was busy drafting a long diplomatic memo when he fell asleep again.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2004, 05:27:04 AM »

OK, this sounds like fun. I read the first post, but I don't think I quite get this yet. :S

But, OK, I will be myself then, if there's nothing in particular stopping that...

I'm after the kingdom that includes the US, Commonwealth and Scandinavia, of course.
M

« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2004, 05:29:31 AM »

Awesome! I mean, really very cool! I'll send you the SIS for the Despotic Federation. I also have a first turn complete; the extended first turn is over Sunday so you can use mine if you want.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2004, 05:30:52 AM »

Awesome! I mean, really very cool! I'll send you the SIS for the Despotic Federation. I also have a first turn complete; the extended first turn is over Sunday so you can use mine if you want.
Al's first turn is a bit lame...I hope he wants to say: "Sorry I didn't get into this yet, but I definitely will next week."
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2004, 05:32:50 AM »

Al's first turn is a bit lame...I hope he wants to say: "Sorry I didn't get into this yet, but I definitely will next week."

I wrote a proper one but there was a powercut Sad
M

« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2004, 05:32:55 AM »

Yeah, I guess I'll "skip" Al but consider him still in. Remember intense gameplay will start after the fourth turn, so it'd be best to have a solid start by then.
M

« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2004, 05:36:57 AM »

Gus, just sent you a bunch of e-mails. Get on AIM now  and we'll chat.
M

« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2004, 05:40:45 AM »

Gustaf, get on AIM. Gustafus13 is still not available.
M

« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2004, 05:46:03 AM »

Al, if you do want to rewrite yours in full by Sunday evening, be my guest.

Gus, get on AIM.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2004, 03:35:16 PM »

I withdraw.  She the quiz thread for my reasons.
M

« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2004, 04:59:30 PM »

We need a Latin America and an Araby. If nobody shows up, I'll have to do placeholder updates for them. The extended deadline is tomorrow, sunday.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2004, 05:02:10 PM »

Boo! Wink

*twiddles fingers*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length