Diplomacy: Standard - Spring 1903
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:54:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacy: Standard - Spring 1903
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Diplomacy: Standard - Spring 1903  (Read 21030 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 09:10:05 PM »

Any chance of an update on the reason(s) for the current pause?

Sorry about that; I had two builds that I received yesterday that were invalid, and I didn't want to penalize the two people for my not having read their orders before it was too late, so I decided to give them an extra day to revise their orders.  Both of them are in now, so I'll have the new map up in just a bit.

No problem, just wondering.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »

WINTER 1901 - THE BUILDS

SPRING 1902

All players have until Friday, June 29 to get in their spring moves.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 09:14:47 PM »

Whoopsies, accidentally left map names on for those screenshots.

Oh well, you know what it should look like. Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 11:27:38 AM »

Thinking Things over with Ludwig von Trondheim

Italy has ambled into Hungary... it's all my successor's fault. Grin Further events in that region could be very interesting indeed, especially if powers refrain from collaborating too closely.
I've no clue what Russia is up to with army build in St Petersburg. You would think they'd either build a fleet in St Pete or an army further south.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2007, 06:31:21 PM »

Well, we're now well into Saturday and I still have yet to hear from either Supersoulty or TN2024 in response to the PM I sent them, so... we're gonna have to just carry on without them.

SPRING 1902 - THE MOVES

SUMMER 1902

Austria-Hungary has been defeated at Trieste.  It has until Sunday, July 1 to get in its summer retreat.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 10:08:51 PM »

Darn my forgetting that Ernest got control of Russia Angry
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2007, 10:23:38 PM »

Sorry, between me reaching some "bandwidth limit" on the college server, everything wnet nuts, I'm afraid I must yield my throne and surrender all territories to no one.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 10:29:17 PM »

Psst, Gabu, it seems like my +4 Paper Clip Of Diplomacy Move Compulsion worked, it just misfired and hit the wrong country Cheesy

Sorry, between me reaching some "bandwidth limit" on the college server, everything wnet nuts, I'm afraid I must yield my throne and surrender all territories to no one.

To me? Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 10:46:56 PM »

Spring 1902 is a critical move since it's the first turn where there are few if any supply centers available. In this case it seems that there are two countries in civil disorder: Germany and Turkey. Germany's problem was addressed by the Emperor's post today.

Is the same true for Turkey? Also, I'm puzzled by the disbanded Turkish fleet in BLA. A retreat to Arm is possible. Was there civil disorder for the summer retreat as well?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 11:47:34 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2007, 11:50:55 PM by Sen. Ernest »

Spring 1902 is a critical move since it's the first turn where there are few if any supply centers available. In this case it seems that there are two countries in civil disorder: Germany and Turkey. Germany's problem was addressed by the Emperor's post today.

Is the same true for Turkey? Also, I'm puzzled by the disbanded Turkish fleet in BLA. A retreat to Arm is possible. Was there civil disorder for the summer retreat as well?

Since no order was given to the Turkish fleet, it was disbanded when forced to retreat.  Whether or not that's what the rules state, it is what Realpolitik does unless you at least give the unit an order to stay there.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2007, 11:40:43 AM »

Since no order was given to the Turkish fleet, it was disbanded when forced to retreat.  Whether or not that's what the rules state, it is what Realpolitik does unless you at least give the unit an order to stay there.

Very interesting, and certainly not the standard rules. According to the 4th Edition (2000) on page 4 it says "Not giving a unit an order is interpreted as ordering it to hold." This seems like a bug in Realpolitik, and IMO the Judge should override and give Turkey an option to retreat or disband.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »

Probably used by Realpolitik to let it simulate Civil Disorder which Turkey was in and under which a dislodged unit is disbanded,
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2007, 03:16:20 PM »

Probably used by Realpolitik to let it simulate Civil Disorder which Turkey was in and under which a dislodged unit is disbanded,
That may be true, but it's not the rules for the game.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »

See Page 18 under Civil Disorder.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2007, 05:39:02 PM »

Wait, what?  Disband?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »

Gabu said he didn't receive any orders from Turkey.  That placed it in Civil Disorder.  Since Russia's attack on the Black Sea Fleet from Romania (and supported by Sevastapol) was able to dislodge it, the lack of orders for all of Turkey's forces caused it to be sunk instead of retreat.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2007, 07:13:44 PM »

Gabu said he didn't receive any orders from Turkey.  That placed it in Civil Disorder.  Since Russia's attack on the Black Sea Fleet from Romania (and supported by Sevastapol) was able to dislodge it, the lack of orders for all of Turkey's forces caused it to be sunk instead of retreat.

Wait just a damn minute... I thought the discussion period was the work week, then we have until the end of the weekend to give orders.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2007, 07:29:57 PM »

See Page 18 under Civil Disorder.

Interesting. That's an addition compared to my older set of rules. I'm not sure if its an ambiguity in that page 4 an page 18 disagree, or that page 18 represents an overriding rule. I did a browse (certainly not complete) through the diplom.org website and did not find an interpretation there. Clearly Realpolitik has opted for the second interpretation.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »

Wait just a damn minute... I thought the discussion period was the work week, then we have until the end of the weekend to give orders.

I think that normal orders are due on Friday, with retreats/builds taking up the weekend.

I didn't say it explicitly, which I suppose I should have, but muon2 suggested weekdays for moving and weekends for retreating/building, and I agreed that that would work.  But as I said above, I'm giving people until Sunday this time only.

All players have until Friday, June 29 to get in their spring moves.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »

No, you have the work week to get in orders and then the weekend to get in any retreats or builds.  I said this earlier, I posted the note that all players had until Friday to get in orders, and I sent you a PM on Friday telling you that your orders were due and then gave you until mid-day Saturday to respond.  I don't know what more I could have done to get across that orders were due on Friday.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2007, 08:30:09 PM »

No, you have the work week to get in orders and then the weekend to get in any retreats or builds.  I said this earlier, I posted the note that all players had until Friday to get in orders, and I sent you a PM on Friday telling you that your orders were due and then gave you until mid-day Saturday to respond.  I don't know what more I could have done to get across that orders were due on Friday.

Alright, fine.  Not like I have a snowballs chance in Hell of winning eitherway.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »

SUMMER 1902 - THE RETREATS

FALL 1902

All players have until Friday, July 6 to get their moves.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2007, 08:32:30 PM »

The fall approaches with the Central Powers under pressure. Two were in civil disorder and the third is subject to an Italian blitzkrieg. Even so, all three can still play a pivotal role in setting up the midgame. The other powers will want to maximize their position and the part of the kingmaker may still be up for grabs. If so, it can keep a second string power in the game for a long and active stretch.

The Russian move out of StP is interesting, but many successful Russian games have come by abandoning either their Black Sea or Barents Sea coasts. It effectively turns them into a conventional three home-center power.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »

Thinking Things over etc
Ah... Civil War. Love it. Although I guess I should evacuate outta Vienna soon.
I seem to sense a Russian strategy shift - of course, that's because of the change in Prime Ministers there. We'll see if E.K. Ernestyev can hold on to power long and if his priorities will survive if he doesn't.

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2007, 02:00:47 AM by SoFA Gabu »

I'm considering Germany to be in civil disorder as I haven't heard a single thing from him regarding his absence last time, so I'm not gonna wait up for him this time.

FALL 1902 - THE MOVES

WINTER 1902

England captures:

Sweden (from Russia)
St. Petersburg (from Russia)

Germany loses:

Belgium (to France)
Kiev (to France)

France captures:

Belgium (from Germany)
Kiev (from Germany)

Italy captures:

Greece
Serbia (from Austria-Hungary)
Trieste (from Austria-Hungary)

Austria-Hungary captures:

Rumania (from Russia)

and loses:

Serbia (to Italy)
Trieste (to Italy)

Russia captures:

Bulgaria (from Turkey)

and loses:

Rumania (to Austria-Hungary)
Sweden (to England)
St. Petersburg (to England)

Thus, the following players may (or must) alter their unit counts:

England: build up to 2 units
Germany: remove 1 unit
France: build up to 2 units
Italy: build up to 2 units (theoretically up to 3, but no room exists for the third)
Austria-Hungary: remove 1 unit
Russia: remove 2 units
Turkey: build up to 1 unit

Players have until Sunday, July 8 to get in their builds.  Remember that you may only build units in your original supply centers; you may not build units in supply centers that you did not own in Spring 1901.

(note: Austria-Hungary had only one possible retreat and deleting the unit would have brought no benefit whatsoever, so the retreat was made automatically)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies