Why isn't Gore running? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:41:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Why isn't Gore running? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why isn't Gore running?  (Read 5601 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: June 09, 2007, 10:04:09 PM »

Many politicians (especially former presidents) like to put all their time and energy into one major issue that interests them most after they've retired from political office.  A lot of them find focusing on one of the world's problems as an activist more rewarding than trying to solve all of the problems at once as president.  I think Bill Clinton also said something along these lines when he was on the Daily Show.  Basically that it how they retire.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:18:08 PM »

In my view, Al Gore knows in his heart that he cannot win the nomination, and therefore does not want to set himself up for a loss of this magnitude. 

He wants to leave his political legacy intact, not in shreds.

There is no way he wouldn't win the nomination and there is a fairly good chance he would win the general.  However, you are somewhat right in that he is afraid of "losing" again.  To lose something twice on such a huge scale in front of the entire country is very difficult.  Especially if your first loss was really a win you weren't allowed to claim.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:33:31 PM »

In my view, Al Gore knows in his heart that he cannot win the nomination, and therefore does not want to set himself up for a loss of this magnitude. 

He wants to leave his political legacy intact, not in shreds.

There is no way he wouldn't win the nomination and there is a fairly good chance he would win the general.  However, you are somewhat right in that he is afraid of "losing" again.  To lose something twice on such a huge scale in front of the entire country is very difficult.  Especially if your first loss was really a win you weren't allowed to claim.

If Gore were to run, I would guarantee you that he would become the next POTUS. I don't see any way he could lose, and I hate Gore.

But that's not how he sees it.  His loss in 2000 was so heartbreaking that he is afraid to jump in again even though he probably would win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies