Why isn't Gore running? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:47:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Why isn't Gore running? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why isn't Gore running?  (Read 5591 times)
motomonkey
Rookie

« on: June 26, 2007, 12:36:03 PM »

I continue to argue, Gore is running.  He is simply rewriting the rules on what we think constitutes "running."  The pursuit of the Presidency has evolved many times in history and we are watching the latest. 

Most American's are under the mistaken belief that a candidate must follow this sequence:

1.  Announce exploratory intentions
2.  Announce candidacy
3.  Run the media gauntlet a year in advance of the first primary in order to get well known and popular enough to win the nomination

Gore is simply running a different route

1.  Become very popular among Americans and build winning a reputation/brand by making a movie, writing two books, winning an Academy Award, going on national speaking circuits, appearing on news and political talk shows while deflecting a desire or intention to run
2.  Become increasingly critical of the current administration and the announced candidates proposed solutions.
3.  Reluctantly enter the race 90 days before the primary (by Labor Day) with more hype than an Apple I-Phone. 

He realizes that media treats rock stars and celbrities a whole lot better than it treats politicians.  Why not stay a "rock star" until the last possible minute?

Kenney rewrote the rules in 1960 using television.  Gore is rewriting them today.
motomonkey
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:58:23 AM »

Let me give you today's example of how Gore is running.  Read this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brent-budowsky/blockbuster-new-poll-al-_b_54072.html

Can you not see that the July 7th Global Warming Concert is a far superior venue to promote a candidate than a Fox News interview with a hostile "political correspondent" (i.e. hack)?

Notice how the Gore articles are now combining Iraq, primaries, polls and his powerful "brand" build around the message/attributes of global warming/rock star/prophet/Academy Award Winner/author/administrative critic/reluctant political figure (who was tragically mistreated), etc.??

Surely the sophisticated political crowd on this forum isn't so naive to not see the wheels of intentional public positioning.  Write it down....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies