State Your Positions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:28:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  State Your Positions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Your Positions  (Read 17712 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:07:12 PM »

Briefly...

Abortion[/u]:

I support the right of women to choose to not have an abortion.

Iraq[/u]:

Any suggestion to improve the situation on my part would be swimming in ignorance; none of the options sound particularly good and the Americans have probably made too many enemies...

Tax Cuts[/u]:

Something I'm not particularly caring about at least with my country's tax rates. The favourite issue of the Greedmongers and the Misantropes imo.

Gun Control:

What America needs from the outside is less 'invisible' social control; gun control is an irrevelance to that (and probably unenforcable).

Education[/u]:

Should be focused on the development of Individual persona, not training children into a live of McJobs. Treating Education as an investment is the one thing which is likely to get me involved into a blazing row with someone.

Religion[/u]:

Is a very good idea; if it weren't many of the so-called holy people. While people here bang on about seperation of church and state what is also important to make sure that church - no individual church - can gain a monopoly on social service (from Irish experience this lead to very bad things such as the end of Seperation of church and State) which is why policies moving charity away from the government and into the sphere of 'faith' is a very, very bad idea.

Homeland Security[/u]:

Hire the Sioux nation; they pioneered the idea in America after all.

Other Civil Liberties[/u]:

Other?

Gay Marriage[/u]:

Is an issue entirely brought up to help Republicans win elections, the fact that this was a non-issue until it became an obvious vote grabber is forgotten. And I am favour in making gay\lesbian (why are lesbians never mentioned in the context of "gay marriage"?) marriage legal, not that I think all GLB people would find it that desirable, never mind straights.

Death Penalty[/u]:

Pretty much Barbaric and unnessecary.

You seem like the complete opposite of the typical Irish person...

(Not that Gully wouldn't necessarily agree with this...)
But anyway pray tell, for my own education, so as I'll know when I see one...what is the typical Irish person like?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies