State Your Positions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:59:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  State Your Positions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Your Positions  (Read 17679 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: December 28, 2007, 12:26:51 PM »

Abortion:
Completely legal without questions asked during the first trimester.  Only in extenuating circumstances thereafter.

Iraq:

We never should have invaded Iraq, but it's too late now.  We need to have a time scale to hand over the responsibilities to the Iraqis while we can remain as a small force for further training, large scale emergencies, and logistical support.

Tax Cuts:

I strongly oppose any tax cuts for the rich, but support them for the poor.  The vast majority of government revenues should be derived from a progressive income tax, corporate taxes, and taxes on luxury goods with high taxes on fuel with rebates for the poor.  Taxes should be cut to near zero for the poor, should be reasonable for the middle class, and very high for the rich.  And we're talking in relative terms.  A tax rate of 70% on all wealth for personal incomes over $400,000 is completely fair.

Gun Control:

The sale of any guns should be subject to background checks and a waiting period of at least 3 days.  You should also have to take a gun safety course and keep your guns safely locked and unloaded.  Also, every bullet should have a code on it that is tied to the person who purchased it.  It should be a misdemeanor to fail to report stolen bullets/guns and a felony if that leads to a serious crime.

Educations:

A strong, globally competitive education system is important for America.  All education from pre-school-12th grade should be completely "free" and generous grants should be given to college students based on need with a strict adherence to the expected family contribution determined by various factors.  Those that can pay should, those that can't, shouldn't.  It shouldn't be a factor in your acceptance into a university (which I believe is different than the k-12 system)

Religion:

Is none of your business as yours is none of mine.  The government should not meddle with religion as religion should not meddle with the government.  Proven religious charities that do not proselytize could be eligible for government support.

Homeland Security:

Unnecessary.  I mean, I love a color coded chart as much as the next guy... but I can make one for much cheaper than the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Gay Marriage:

I support equal rights for homosexual and heterosexual couples.

Death Penalty:

I oppose it vehemently. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies