State Your Positions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:00:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  State Your Positions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Your Positions  (Read 17737 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: December 29, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »

Abortion: Pro-choice, but I don't consider it a huge enormous issue as some do.

Iraq: Bit too late now for the US to leave, but they should continue transferring security powers to Iraqis and review the strategy while coming up with a phase withdrawal plan.

Tax Cuts: No opinion on the US issue, but I'm mixed on Harper's GST cut, it's not an economically genial thing to do.

Gun Control: Mandatory gun safety courses, outlaw all assault weapons. Pro gun-control overall.

Educations: More funding for education, as the Ontario Liberal government has done. Undecided on vouchers issue.

Religion: I'm a staunch secular and I favor passing a law based on the French 1905 complete separation of church and state law. Strongly opposed to 10 Commandments in public buildings, any type of prayer in public schools, keep religion private. Remove "under god" from pledge.

Homeland Security: Hasn't done jacksh**t since coming up with the little color scheme. Get serious about security elsewhere than looking through hair gel in airports, such as in harbors, borders etc.

Other Civil Liberties:

Opposed to affirmative action, you need to get a job based on merit and qualifications.

End the don't ask, don't tell policy

Gay Marriage: Support homosexual civil unions. Leave it to the states to decide about marriage. And not the Mayor of Begles, France who randomly decided to marry a couple without any constitutional backing.

Death Penalty: I support the death penalty for repeat-offenders in child molesting/murder, treason, terrorism, first degree murder
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies