State Your Positions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:30:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  State Your Positions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Your Positions  (Read 17735 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« on: October 31, 2005, 06:39:03 PM »

Abortion: I'm not a big fan of imposing my morals on others, but I believe abortion is murder and therefore am strongly opposed except to save the mother's life.

Iraq: I would have supported if WMDs were found, but they weren't and instead has taken our focus foreighn policy wise from more imment threats such as  North Korea and Iran.  However, it would be very foolish to pull out until the Democratic government is fully in place.

Tax Cuts: I favor tax cuts for the lower classes and if there is immense economic growth to start exploring for the middle and eventually upper class.

Gun Control: All gun control should be state and local.

Education:  Repeal NCLB and let states have more control over education policy, though some federal funding is necessary.

Religion: No religious displays on public grounds, no school prayer.  I support funding for some faith-based initatives if done on a blind basis.

Homeland Security: I support responsible use of the PATRIOT Act.

Gay Marriage: Personally-strongly favor, but let the states decide.

Death Penalty: Strongly oppose on moral and practical grounds.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:00:17 AM »

Abortion: I'm not a big fan of imposing my morals on others, but I believe abortion is murder and therefore am strongly opposed except to save the mother's life.

Iraq: I would have supported if WMDs were found, but they weren't and instead has taken our focus foreighn policy wise from more imment threats such as  North Korea and Iran.  However, it would be very foolish to pull out until the Democratic government is fully in place.

Tax Cuts: I favor tax cuts for the lower classes and if there is immense economic growth to start exploring for the middle and eventually upper class.

Gun Control: All gun control should be state and local.

Education:  Repeal NCLB and let states have more control over education policy, though some federal funding is necessary.

Religion: No religious displays on public grounds, no school prayer.  I support funding for some faith-based initatives if done on a blind basis.

Homeland Security: I support responsible use of the PATRIOT Act.

Gay Marriage: Personally-strongly favor, but let the states decide.

Death Penalty: Strongly oppose on moral and practical grounds.

I think, on balance, you make a better Democrat Smiley nini

Dave

Well these were mainly focused on social issues, but the only position I've changed is that I feel now that there should be no federal funding for charities, secular or religous.  However, if we do fund charities, I stand by my original position.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies